General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Worst sales experience EVER!-Strong Language-

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:21 AM

What is a 3 pump 11 batt hydraulic setup?

Your story sounds great - glad that things worked out so well - Unfortunately in this and other forums, usually the bad news is often reported. This is normal. I am active on several Infiniti forums and most of the news is to report bad service. In reality, (hopefully) most of the dealers are good places to deal, or they wouldn't be in business for so long.

How about some more GOOD reports once in awhile?

In my case, the salesman was great and no pressure of any kind. He spent a LOT of time in locating my car in my color and 2LT and had everything ready for me in minutes when I arrived at the dealership. He worked out a very generous trade on my 2003 PT Turbo and after holding off one extra day, came up with another $500 on the trade. Everything about the transaction was satisfactory. My only problem was the radio pop, which was fixed on my first oil change service appointment.

The more I drive the HHR, the more I like it and my wife feels the same way. Thanks General Motors!

Fritz 45
Old 05-17-2006, 07:51 AM

Unhappy

I had an awful experience myself at one point. I went to a dealership a few years ago to buy my then husband a truck. The sales person was actually quite nice and helpful and was willing to do just about anything to get us a vehicle. Well....we came down to speaking to the finance manager, not only was he rude, cruel and insulting, he had the gall to tell us we couldn't afford to buy a vehicle. Needless to say I was livid. He spoke to my ex like he was mentally challenged and pretty much dismissed me as "a woman" right off, even though I was the main bread-winner. This infuriated me so much I swore to never set foot inside the dealership again. Every chance I get I tell people to NEVER go to this place. I've worked in customer service for 10years and I was just stunned at the nerve.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:58 AM

On my recent sales experience, I went back to the same dealership that sold me my 04 Cavalier to buy my HHR LT. They were very helpful ,informative, and friendly. The same finance person was there and greeted me like an old friend. My ex-husband's family, and myself have bought numerous vehicles at this dealership. I drove an hour and a 1/2 one way to go there to do business. I got my 2006 HHR LT, Silver and was very happy.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:52 AM

A few years back I went to a large dealer to trade. I talked with the salesman and we discussed trade amount and other details. When I sent to the fiance man, he told me the salesman was wrong and the deal was completely different. I asked why the sales person was even telling me anything, and he said they do that to get a sale. SO, I got up, cussed everybody out and left. Went to a small dealer and got everything the salesman said I could have. With the HHR, I got a good deal. I was quoted a price on my trade (PT Cruiser), told him what I wanted, and got a call back that afternoon telling me they would match MY offer. I gave the Chevy dealer a good comment on my card.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by FRITZ45
What is a 3 pump 11 batt hydraulic setup?
Originally Posted by FRITZ45

Your story sounds great - glad that things worked out so well - Unfortunately in this and other forums, usually the bad news is often reported. This is normal. I am active on several Infiniti forums and most of the news is to report bad service. In reality, (hopefully) most of the dealers are good places to deal, or they wouldn't be in business for so long.

How about some more GOOD reports once in awhile?

In my case, the salesman was great and no pressure of any kind. He spent a LOT of time in locating my car in my color and 2LT and had everything ready for me in minutes when I arrived at the dealership. He worked out a very generous trade on my 2003 PT Turbo and after holding off one extra day, came up with another $500 on the trade. Everything about the transaction was satisfactory. My only problem was the radio pop, which was fixed on my first oil change service appointment.

The more I drive the HHR, the more I like it and my wife feels the same way. Thanks General Motors!

Fritz 45
LOL...3 pump setup that allows my lincoln's suspension to have front back side to side movements and a 3 wheel.....I can control each wheen individualy..if you notice the picture in my signature next to the hhr is my lincoln...its laid out complelty on the ground....Heres a link to all the pics of my lincoln
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/424429

As far as the service i got i still cant say how great it was...I even forgot to mention in my story that i didnt even put any money down....just went there and drove off with my new HHR...lol......The sales rep and finance manager were great....in fact i just got a phone call from my sales rep this morning checking up on us and the HHR....
Old 05-17-2006, 06:17 PM

hey check,

just wondering was it Miller Brothers?

-wC
Old 05-17-2006, 07:51 PM

The dealer a Mile and a Half from me did everything they could not to sell me. One salesman knew a little about the HHR. But still couldn't answer basic questions. I stopped by at least three time to look and drive the car, Only have the salesman hand me over to someone else who knew nothing. The first salesman took my number three time never to follow up. I drove by and they had a Spring Edition. Nobody in the dealership knew anything about it. They weren't interested in me at all.
I finally called a friend of mine who is a broker and asked him to find out what the Victory Red HHR was all about. He got a hold of his Chevy guy found out what it was. The broker called back in a day,and gave me more money for my trade in.While I was finishing the paperwork my new Spring Edition rolled up. Come only to find out it was the same car that was at my Local dealer a mile and a half away.
Their lack of follow through cost them the sale.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by wheelsee
hey check,

just wondering was it Miller Brothers?

-wC

Yeah, It was.

There was a younger guy that worked there that told me he had one too as I was leaving the dealer. I was like...hey thats pretty cool. Too bad someone who cared wasnt my salesperson.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:17 PM

I live in West Virginia, and I suppose they live to sell cars here. Most of the dealers I go to are all over you when you stop by the HHR's, or Cobalts. Only complaint, these seem to be the (hot Sellers) this week, no rebates, not much of a discount($100.00) off Sticker. I have bought mine at the Dealer I said I never would, but being in my county, gave them a chance. All things being equal, it was a good experience, didn't really think they would sell it to me without down payment, but they did. Only wanted to give me $2000.00 for my 99 Astro...that did make me mad. One other dealer did offer me $4000.00 for it on trade, but couldn't make the deal go through. Soo, feel like alls well that ends well. Sold it for only $3500 on the side...go figure,98,000 miles. Anyway, I bought my 2 previous cars at another out of town(county) dealership, and the experience and transaction was great with them, but that was 7 years ago, went so far as to trade my am/fm cassette player for one with CD, and they dealt straight up with what I had in mind for the trade and what was willing to pay.
Went to a dealer in Ohio, lordy, I won't do that again. I went to a parts department at one in Ohio and they acted like i had a disease. All in all, the dealers in West Virginia are wanting to sell the little cars and the one in my area has a large number of them (15-20) no Orange or Dark Silver????. I think they will sell all of them fast. My only complaint, I didn't get my survey from GM. Was wanting to send that in.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by CheckSando
Yeah, It was.

There was a younger guy that worked there that told me he had one too as I was leaving the dealer. I was like...hey thats pretty cool. Too bad someone who cared wasnt my salesperson.

hmmm interesting...I've only been there a couple times for service(warranty stuff: Hatch Not Opening, Warped Rotors, Broken Trim around 3rd Brake Light) and have been impressed with their service, Will in particular really helped me out...and I have noticed that A) there never seems to be any customers coming onto the lot and B) there never seems to be any salespeople on the lot...

anyway I bought mine at Bob Bell up in Eastpoint and had a good expierience compared to Fox Auto in Timmonium who told me there was no Manual's anywhere around here...but my salesperson at Bob Bell, Kevin, was able to find one in Gettysburg within a couple hours....

-wC

Quick Reply: Worst sales experience EVER!-Strong Language-