General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Would you like to help GM? Here's how!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=Kingfrog;329090]

It wasn't Trillions. It was 450 Billion and they went to banks to help homeowners Banls instead used the money to buy weaker banks. There were no strings attached. There WILL be if they give car makers 25 billion.
Anyone can speculate. you speculate when you buy stock. If you had a big tank in your back yord you might kust fill it with gas if you could a $1.50 a gallon. Thats speculation. MY home in VEgas triples in value because of speculators and I sold it not being an idiot amd moved to a much lower taxed state. When Bush said he would drill of shore the gas prices began to come down.

There is no need for a 260HP HHR....See thats part of the problem. Small market and the market that car would appeal to would take 60 and 73 month loand out on it. DUMB.....THATS the real problem with the suto industry. People have such long loans they CAN't BUY a new car!! GM needs to keep the HHR, the Malibu, the volt, the Cadillac, Van, a truck and the imported Opel./Acura , the Buick LeSabre and build them with out regard to saving nickles and dimes. Spend MORE to make them reliable . Not the drive train but the fit and finish, No plastic parts coming off like my trunk lid pull
Stupid crap.....
Lean and mean and they will survive.

Pontiac should go away.

First of all, I said trillions of LOST money in the markets, 401k's and such, not the bailout.

As far as there being no need in a 260HP HHR, well, perhaps I don't see a need in that big overweight motorcycle I see in your picture, you could surely get by with a 100 cc scooter. HHR SS has been a good seller for GM, and gets alot of looks too, so there must be something right about it. Thats the problem with some opinionated people, they can't see past their own tunnel vision.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
That;s how all NORMAL and humane businesses cut expenses staff when sales slow up. AT least they don't jus release them. They KNOW things will turn around and will need these emmployees back. There are many released American car maker employess who will never see the inside of a Chevy plant again.

I would ratehr work part time for $30 an hour then collect unemployment.Ya Think?
Normal is a full time job to support a family...Ya' think.

P.S.- Please use the psell chekc-
Old 11-19-2008, 08:57 PM

By the way, I'm with ChevyMgr ...I'm ridding myself from this thread...too many GM bashers for owners of HHRs.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 PM

This truly gives the wrong impression. The CEOs just aren't thinking correctly if they continue to do this kind of stuff when they are pleading for money.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/WallSt...6285739&page=1

And a well written op-ed article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/op...mney.html?_r=2
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=LT1GMC;329261]
Originally Posted by Kingfrog

First of all, I said trillions of LOST money in the markets, 401k's and such, not the bailout.

As far as there being no need in a 260HP HHR, well, perhaps I don't see a need in that big overweight motorcycle I see in your picture, you could surely get by with a 100 cc scooter. HHR SS has been a good seller for GM, and gets alot of looks too, so there must be something right about it. Thats the problem with some opinionated people, they can't see past their own tunnel vision.
First of all MY HHR and Motorcycle are paid for. Second of all the total cost of both are less then one HHR SS and My "overweight" motorcycle gets 48 MPG and does nothing in the quarter mile. and the HHR gets 26/32 real world AVG

. I am also more than sure more 2007 Yamaha V1300s were sold to all ages with cash then HHR SS to 20 somethings living with a 72 month loan. . Betcha my insurance is a lot less as well.

Your reasoning and "logic" is exactly why the US Automakers will file for chapter 11. They will not get a bailout and don;t deserve on. They build cars few people want. Thew money used to create an SS could have been spent designing a car as good as a corolla. PEOPLE DON'T want US cars.

The HHR is a novelty car. I bought on becasue it was 11 months old, loaded and more than $10k of list price!!!! Would I pay $20k for it HELL no.. I would buy an Accord. Theres the difference. Those of us who are not 20 somethings and have the cash to spend are more inclined to look for calues with pout pocket books first our hearts and emotions second. When you pay cash for a car you think twice about what you are buying, and look for the most bang for that money, Credit is like not spending your own money.

This is why Honda and Toyota and EVEN Hyundai is doing far better, The are considered value buys, . AND the Aact that American workers build some of them relieve all guilt.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
By the way, I'm with ChevyMgr ...I'm ridding myself from this thread...too many GM bashers for owners of HHRs.
They are so out of touch its not surprising. This is an effort to protect the UAWs not the Auto companies, The auto workers won;t loose their jobs if they file Chapter 11. But no fear BO will give it to them he Owes THEM. So THEY WILL STAY IN BUSINESS FOR A FEW MORE months, i REFUSE TO BUY A NEW AMERICAN CAR who receives a bailout ever again. I dont think I am alone.

I own an HHR but I don;t have to have a love affair with GM if I think they are wrong. I bought a body style not a General Motors care for an extremely good price at the time form a Dodge Dealer.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
Normal is a full time job to support a family...Ya' think.

P.S.- Please use the psell chekc-
There is no guarantee in the Constitution of a full time job. However If I were a UAW member and my pay went from 1200 a week to $600 a week its better then ZERO a week and thats what you are looking at if you have to close the doors, ot you can put an application in with Toyota or Honda they will need to fill the gap left by the loss of American sales.

But son;t worry you Savior Obama owes you and will "lend" you guys 25 Billion to his own political peril.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 PM

Obama just saved you tax money:twothumbs. Now you can buy another Harley from your favourite Honda dealership.

The End

Last edited by Cokeybill; 11-19-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Restated
Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 PM

Kingfrog...from what I see on this site, GM is quite like part of the family to some here, myself included. You know yourself that with family, you have to take the bad with the good. This loyalty is something I wouldn't expect you to understand. My Dad bought my 1968 Impala new. He ordered this car a month after I was born. My parents took pictures of me in this car as a baby & all thru my childhood. This is something I'll treasure for the rest of my life, and I'll be taking pics of my new baby boy in the same manner with the car. It'll be his someday. I have this car tucked away, only brought out on nice sunny days. It's like a part of our family. You see, no matter how bad a product (GM really doesn't make anything bad anymore), I'll still drive GM products over a foreign car. My daily beater is a worn out 1995 Chevy Beretta...I'll put up with it's "personality" anyday before I'd drive a new foreign car. There's alot of history with the American car companies & I think most here would like to keep them around. The only thing I'll give credit to the Japanese manufacturers for is them making the big 3 step up their quality in the early eighties, and improving steadily to the products we all enjoy today. Again, this is something I really don't think you'd understand...it's called EMOTION...it gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling! BTW, if you look in the upper R/H corner of the reply to thread box, there's a little ABC with a checkmark under it...that's a spell check

Last edited by jeffs396; 11-20-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:55 PM

Well put Jeff. And thank you for the heartfelt description of emotions that render in the owners of their beloved cars. Excellent spelling too!