General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

XM To Sirious

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:55 PM

I saw a converter *somewhere* that allowed you to use an XM antenna for a sirius radio, but you'd still have to (at least) swap out the reciever... and I don't know that there is a Sirius reciever that will integrate with the OE HU...

If you know it's Sirius that you want... probably should just save your money on the XM...
Old 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I have XM built in and I love it on long trips. But, I really wish I had a portable unit to take into the house and listen to Cardinal baseball games. I've even considered buying a portable unit and cancelling the subscription for my car.
you don't need to cancel. you can listen online at www.xmradio.com using your CURRENT account. qll you have to do is sign up and log on since you already have an account.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:57 PM

hello, i just bought the adapter from tss radio. i have a 2008 ,and i can't find the end of the ant wire to plug in the sirius adapter..
Old 01-23-2008, 05:36 AM

Adapter Needed?

I use my old XM portable antenna on my portable Sirius radio so they will interchange on the portable radios. Possibily the built in radios don't have ports that interface but the frequencies are close enough to work with either signal.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 AM

I'll probably end up with two antennas on the roof since I have no idea how/where the XM antenna fits in to the factory HU...I really enjoy the factory interfase of the XM...and for $12.99/mo for XM, it's a luxury I will probably keep. I'll just run the sirius antenna in as well so I can just use the Sirius too if I ever want/need to. Otherwise, if I knew of a way to transfer my Sirius to the factory HU, it would be a no-brainer.