General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

In Your Opionion

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Question In Your Opionion

So im going to be purchasing a car soon. Its between a HHR 2LT and a Pontiac G6 coupe. Im going to be going to college. The only thing with the coupe is the space... and the thing with the HHR is.. well.. Its just not a "cool" sporty car. I have NEVER seen any kids my age drive them. I really like it though. So im going to ask you guys for some general questions.. be truthful.. How quiet is the car at highway speeds.. How is the "get up and go" when you mash the accelerator.. and space.. I can see its not a huge SUV but do 5 people fit comfortable. Is there anything else that you like about it? Im really having a hard time deciding which car I want!!!

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 PM

I've got a 2008 LS with the 2.2L engine. It's one of the quietest cars I've ever been in. I can't vouch for the 2.4's but mine has got a little get up and go for what it is. My wife and I recently got back from a trip that was about 12 hours round trip with two of our friends. They rode in the back and, to put this nicely, they're not the smallest people in the world, and they had plenty of room in the back seat. any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for answers with this group
Old 07-14-2009, 09:35 PM

im 19 and i love my hhr panel. there pretty awesome as far as get up and go. the 2lt is even better then mine. i have the 2.2 L. and the 2lt has a 2.4

not to mention if you get it black and lower it with some eibach springs and put 18's on it . youll have a cool look ride. 2 of my friends my age have hhr's they love them

go here in the forums and check out all the sticky post of everyones hhr's youll see custom

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/picture-media-11/
Old 07-14-2009, 09:36 PM

and also my brother drives a 4 cylinder car. and his is slow as ****.

i drove a 4 banger truck before i got this.

and WOW the hhr has way more power. just test drive one on a dry day
Old 07-14-2009, 09:43 PM

I know I would pick the HHR. I think the G6 looks thoroughly boring. Of course I'm not college age anymore either(33). The HHR is not too noisy at highway speeds, but the motor in the 2LT does make a bit of racket when accelerating to speed.

It has decent power for what it is and good fuel economy. The 2LT isn't fast, but it is competitive in its class. The SS is very quick.

I wouldn't say 5 people would be completely comfortable but I have had 5 in mine and it wasn't too bad. They certainly could get in and out more easily than if they were piling into a coupe.

The thing I really like about the HHR and other hatchbacks/wagons is the ability to haul "stuff" when you need to. Put down the back seat and there is a lot of room.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Well, I am 20 years old, and I just bought my HHR in Feb. My mom drives a 2007 G6 sedan with a 4cylinder in it. I will say, her car does feel much sportier, and is also fun to drive. I would assume a coupe would be similar.

However in my opinion, I like the HHR better. The G6 just doesn't seem to be a very well built car. Weatherstripping has fallen out, the door handle broke off, and plastic panels have fallen off. Some of those happened within the first year.

Personally, I love my HHR. It's a great, practical car, with good mileage. Don't expect to fit 5 people in it, it just won't happen unless they are all relatively small. The G6 (sedan) is somewhat roomy, but not a whole lot more. Not sure on the coupe though. Also, the HHR is much more comfortable, the seats are 100x nicer. I wouldn't want to road trip in a G6.

Best thing you can do is test drive them both. Get a feel for each, and just see what you like better. Just remember though, that a G6 will probably cost more to insure if you have to pay that. Overall, I think the HHR is a nicer and more well put together car. Don't worry about the cool factor! Be unique and non-conformist, by conforming to what we say! I don't give a $%#@ what people think about me, and it's great! I like my car, and that's all that matters!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by MOHHR
Its just not a "cool" sporty car. I have NEVER seen any kids my age drive them. I really like it though.
There you go...you like it, that's all that matters! They are "cool", I think, along with just about everyone on this site (well, maybe not kingfrog). They just beg to be modded, making them even more unique...just get one!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:32 PM

i've been out of school of 2 years and I am 25. Love my hhr.

So you want to fit 5 people in it. It can be done, not the most room, but it's to too bad. Plus, as long as you are in the drivers seat, who cares. If you're trying to cram a bunch of people in to go to a bar, it is their problem they're in the back...

The 2.4 is much better in my opinion then the 2.2, i tried them both.

the G6 is boring. the hhr has style. Do you want to look lik every other college kid driving a blah looking vehicle, or do you want to stand out a bit.

Or splurge for an SS, and when they make fun of your car, tell them to hop in and hold on and show them why you bought it!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 AM

You're right.........it's not cool by kid standards. Even mine gets hardly a look from the under 25 crowd, but c'mon, a G6........doesn't get much lamer than that!! What's next? A Cobalt........oops, sorry!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:25 AM

I love my HHR and the G6 was OK, but didn't do it for me! I have a 1LT with the 2.4 and the auto. The 2LT gets the better suspension. The "get up and go" is acceptable, but not mind blowing. I love the hauling ability. And as far as getting 5+ people in it... You are in college... Drop the rear seats and head out! You may not get looks from your peers, but the versatility and ability and you like it? Is there any question? HHR=