HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

$100 over invoice

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:53 PM

$100 over invoice

My dealer said that he would sell the HHR Panel SS for $100 over invoice. Is that a good deal?? I think that the doc fee will be extra Going Friday to start negotiations.
Any toughts to help.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:36 PM

It sounds reasonable to me. My dad got his for 500 over invoice, I got mine for 500 under by pitting 2 dealers against each other. Add my owner loyalty on top of that!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:09 AM

Sounds good to me, dealers need to make money to stay in business. On the HHR, supplier prices is just under $500 over invoice.

I got mine at supplier price less $1500 in rebates, read that as at invoice less GM's rebates.

GM rebates change each month and you can usually work the best deal at the end of the month.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:04 AM

I think the short answer is, if you are happy with the deal, then it is a good deal!

Supply and demand might play a bit more into the pricing of a panel SS, didn't look into it myself. Just bought my new SS yesterday and most dealers in the Houston area were willing to sell below invoice without much haggling at all.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:02 AM

Dealers really don't pay invoice. There are hold backs and dicounts that the dealer gets when getting a shipment of cars. I see where there was a $2500 discount off the HHR LT offer on a TV add. Car sales are way off and if you have the $$, now may be a good time to get a real deal on a new car.

Years ago I could get a good deal at 85% of the list price. Just beware of the sneaky addons that dealers try to impose.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 AM

Yup, true invoice and what the dealer "pays" for vehicles are not the same thing .FWIW, I know the dealers print out their own window stickers (in the 'ol days the WS was void of anything other than the standard info, and they put in their prices etc. When the cars/trucks came off the trailer,the WS would be on the seats,gathered by the lot guy moving them, and given to the new car office for them to do their thing to them.

On GM stuff , i get supplier discount- 1% over what GM employees pay.Other makers i can get dealer cost(what they "pay" for it, they don't make a dime.Takes the wind outa their sales when you tell them yer getting supplier discount )

Forget the site's address/name, but you can look around and find a website that'll tell you what the dealers paid for a particular car (think you need the VIN , duh) so you know what your dealing numbers are at.

When i worked at a Chevy dealership(mech, then service manager) many moons ago, we had a comment when they sold cars for "$49 over cost", We said "Yup, over the cost of the utility bills/insurance/everyone's salary/advertising" you get the meaning here

So do a lil homework, and see what kinda numbers you are working with, then you can make your best deal

Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member

My god,

It's really hard to believe how many "mistakes" people make when quoting what they pay as employee price, dealer invoice, supplier price, under invoice, etc. I find it difficult to believe people really don't know what they're paying

Go to the Chevy website and click supplier pricing and employee pricing to see the difference. Of course, additional rebates, etc. is subtracted from theses prices.

Old Lar....you're right on.

By the way....it's a new website and you DO NOT need to have a password to get supplier or employee pricing.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by 08blackHHRSS
On GM stuff , i get supplier discount- 1% over what GM employees pay.
Supplier price on the HHR is about 500 over invoice which is about 1000 over employee price. That is a long ways away from one percent.

Here are the numbers on my HHR SS, sun roof, onstar, XM, manual.

msrp: 24830.00
Invoive: 23491.05
Supplier: 23939.16
employee: 22914.75

Since supplier price is about 500 over invoice and most anyone can buy from invoice to a few hundred over invoice, supplier pricing isn't so great.

I paid 22300 including 1000 GM card cash plus tax and all that other stuff.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 AM
XXL

Originally Posted by 08blackHHRSS
FWIW, I know the dealers print out their own window stickers
This is not correct. Cars come from the regional depot (supplied by the assembly lines) with window stickers on them. Any dealer "window sticker" would only be in the form of an 'add-a-tag' ... usually next to the factory window sticker to price in dealer added accessories (tint, stripes, whatever) or the occasional gratuitous "dealer allocation fee" type of add-ons that are merely attempts by the dealer to raise the price of a car to take advantage of (read as 'gouge') limited available of a particular model.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by tingle49
My dealer said that he would sell the HHR Panel SS for $100 over invoice. Is that a good deal?? I think that the doc fee will be extra Going Friday to start negotiations.
Any toughts to help.
It depends on WHICH invoice. If it is the original invoice showing what they paid GM, including the hold back, then I think it's a good deal. Otherwise they could be making a bunch on the deal.

Quick Reply: $100 over invoice