HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

2009 HHR Turbo Production on Hold

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 PM

I talked to the dealer here in Ontario and he said if I ordered today, it would be about 8 weeks
Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by SS HHR CDN
I talked to the dealer here in Ontario and he said if I ordered today, it would be about 8 weeks
My order is still on hold - not yet placed (according to my dealersip) because of "the production shut down", guess affecting only Canadian vehicles or just mine?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:15 PM

Going to look into ordering my HHR from the US and checking to see if the turbo panel is approved for entry into Canada. Obviously they can accept orders, I can get the (UAF) RPD and buy it cheaper.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SS HHR CDN
SS HHR CDN - just a note, but my dealer said the same thing TILL he tried to actually place my order. Let me know if you get any more information.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:31 PM

Got a phone call from the dealership today and he spoke directly to a gm rep and said as far as anyone is concerned there is no hold.....go slap your salesman in the face and tell him to order it haha
Old 07-30-2008, 02:12 PM

I got a call from my dealership today as a check in "how are you deal". Just for fun I asked if there was an order issue. He said for about 3 days approx 2 weeks ago. He did not know why. You can order one right now no problem.

We have 1350 miles on the odo and a month under our belt. I have experienced this hard brake pedal about 3-4 times. I used to be a wrench so I had a feeling it was a vacuum bleed off issue. There must be a very small orifice in the booster system so it takes a while to pull a vacuum again. 10-30 seconds I suppose but I would think this affects those that start and go quickly.

If everyone would let their cars warm just a tad before they roll then there would probably be very little issue.

GM will cure it. They always do.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by OCMerrill
I got a call from my dealership today as a check in "how are you deal". Just for fun I asked if there was an order issue. He said for about 3 days approx 2 weeks ago. He did not know why. You can order one right now no problem.

We have 1350 miles on the odo and a month under our belt. I have experienced this hard brake pedal about 3-4 times. I used to be a wrench so I had a feeling it was a vacuum bleed off issue. There must be a very small orifice in the booster system so it takes a while to pull a vacuum again. 10-30 seconds I suppose but I would think this affects those that start and go quickly.

If everyone would let their cars warm just a tad before they roll then there would probably be very little issue.

GM will cure it. They always do.

That's why I'm glad I have remote start!
Old 07-30-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
That's why I'm glad I have remote start!
I am sure what GM has done is a safety issue that needs refinement. The turbo spools and majority of driving is done with little to no vacuum and mostly pressure if you ride with me.

There is a check valve issue to keep vacuum in the booster if something in the turbo fails, over boosts, or who knows what else. So the booster is protected from pressure entering but needs vacuum to operate and you don't want atmospheric pressure running in there quickly (giving you a chance to stop) if check valve or the turbo has a catastrophic failure.

Down side to this is that the system evacuates the power brakes slowly as well.

This is just my Guess spending years as a wrench.

Could be worded better.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:03 PM

Had that happen to me this morning. It is the shop right now. Dealership was great. Took me over to the Enterprise guy right away. Wasn't even the dealership I bought it from. They called at 6pm to let me know that the tech just got it in (dropped it off at 2pm) and would let me know more tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 AM

Checked with another dealership - production DELAY (not a hold) is for Canada only - production to start August 31st for those north of the border.

Quick Reply: 2009 HHR Turbo Production on Hold