HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Always has to be a jerk/hater somewhere

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Administrator

sad that he'll never have a chance to appoligize, as you most likely won't go to that gas station again!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
sad that he'll never have a chance to appoligize, as you most likely won't go to that gas station again!!!
Fortunately there are two other Sunocos on my commute route. The one where this happened was close to where I work (it wasn't on my commute route), so I went there on lunch breaks sometimes. Yeah, I haven't been back there since. No reason to go back.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:37 AM

I just had a guy at a sunoco last night who wanted to know what made a HHR into a SS. I told him 290 HP and a lot of well tuned suspension parts.

I think he tought I built it myself and was shocked to see it was stock and Chevy really sold them. He thought it was brand new and was shocked to find it was 2 years old.

I pulled out spun the tires rolling at 30 mph and popped the blow off valve to say good bye.

I was near the police department and did not was to make too much of a fuss.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I just had a guy at a sunoco last night who wanted to know what made a HHR into a SS.................
The good thing about living in El Lay, (yes there are a few good things) is there is no such thing as normal, unless you drive one of the 43 trillion silver Camarys.

In the last few days I've seen an Ariel Atom, an old S class Merc hand spray painted with love and piece, 3 yellow lotus (or is that loti?) 2 flathead rat rods, 1 750 hp Supra engined Scion, about 2 dozen blacked wheeled Audi S', more BMW M3' than you see in Bavaria and so many different 9 series Porches that you don't notice them any more than the silver Camarys.

Lately I've seen a few HHR SS and every time I go out I see an HHR, usually with some slight modification, to the wheels or the height.

If anything the HHR SS looks too normal in L.A. but nobody here has ever said anything to me negative about it, I don't think anybody cares.

Well, except for the lawyer/agent in an audi S6 that cut me off on Ocean blvd. and I blew by him., which I guess pissed him off, because at the next light he yelled "why don't you take your little car and go home".

But keep in mind that was an agent that probably wasn't having a good day and probably was ticked that a car that cost less than his depreciation passed him.

If there is anything I don't like about the HHR SS is the seat rides too high and needs fatter tires and in this part of the world needs more people that know how to mod it. There is not a single tuner I can find in Southern California that knows that much about this car.

IMO
Old 12-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Deceased

Had to be an agent russruth, an LA lawyer wouldn't be seen dead in something as "cheap" as an S6 Audi. As a lawyer myself I do sometimes feel picked on because of the bad reputation and image of lawyers in general, but having met a few LA lawyer types at legal conferences, I can see why people hate us so much.

Did you have the same reaction to an Ariel Atom as I did, "what the hell was that?", followed by "didn't I see that on Top Gear last Sunday?".
Old 12-03-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
Had to be an agent russruth, an LA lawyer wouldn't be seen dead in something as "cheap" as an S6 Audi. As a lawyer myself I do sometimes feel picked on because of the bad reputation and image of lawyers in general, but having met a few LA lawyer types at legal conferences, I can see why people hate us so much.

Did you have the same reaction to an Ariel Atom as I did, "what the hell was that?", followed by "didn't I see that on Top Gear last Sunday?".

Don't take it personally.

Lawyers are like cops. Nobody likes em' until they need them, then they love em'.

I have a very good lawyer in L.A., (well actually not good, actually bad ass), but that's the point . . . right? (and he drives an Jaguar and thinks that's slumming).

As far as the Atom, I'd seen it in magazines before and though first I think it's kind of silly for the street, but what do I know, because if I could have a 4,000 hp hhr, I'd probably do it.

The point I'm making is I don't care what other's think about what I drive and actually don't bother to talk to enough people on the street to hear a response.

People think what they want to think and there is usually no changing it, but then again why care about it?
IMO
Old 12-03-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by russruth
The good thing about living in El Lay, (yes there are a few good things) is there is no such thing as normal, unless you drive one of the 43 trillion silver Camarys.

In the last few days I've seen an Ariel Atom, an old S class Merc hand spray painted with love and piece, 3 yellow lotus (or is that loti?) 2 flathead rat rods, 1 750 hp Supra engined Scion, about 2 dozen blacked wheeled Audi S', more BMW M3' than you see in Bavaria and so many different 9 series Porches that you don't notice them any more than the silver Camarys.

Lately I've seen a few HHR SS and every time I go out I see an HHR, usually with some slight modification, to the wheels or the height.

If anything the HHR SS looks too normal in L.A. but nobody here has ever said anything to me negative about it, I don't think anybody cares.

Well, except for the lawyer/agent in an audi S6 that cut me off on Ocean blvd. and I blew by him., which I guess pissed him off, because at the next light he yelled "why don't you take your little car and go home".

But keep in mind that was an agent that probably wasn't having a good day and probably was ticked that a car that cost less than his depreciation passed him.

If there is anything I don't like about the HHR SS is the seat rides too high and needs fatter tires and in this part of the world needs more people that know how to mod it. There is not a single tuner I can find in Southern California that knows that much about this car.

IMO
We have LA here Lower Akron.

You don't hold the market on odd or different. Even here in the snow belt we have a large number of exotics and crazy cars you will see on a daily basis.

I can see anything from Lebron in a Maybach or his large Rolls to a guy in Veyron. For some reason we have a lot of big money people here like sports stars agents and CEO types. I would pick some place warmer.

While I have yet to see a Atom I have seen my share of crazy stuff. Even in the winter time I will see Bentlys and Maseratis in the snow. They are just daily drivers and many like you said are trying to get away from the M5, AMG and Audi.

About the only thing I have not seen is a Atom and Mclearen. I have only seen a F1 in Newport Beach.

I even have a guy with a old Bitter and a Dusenburg that he drives regularly. The Dusey sounds amazing with the factory exhaust cut out open. He said it was built to enjoy and drive. It is spot less but can be seen out often.

When we have the Glenmoore Concourse many of the locals get out the collector cars and it is amazing what people around here have. Many are Pebble Beach winners. They even go on a driving tour in Amish country. Nothing like seeing a Hispano Suiza and vintager Buguatti sharing the road with a horse and buggy.
Even my uncle from San Diego was here and could not believe some of the cars we have here. He said he though only people in FL and CA had them.

I know Columbus is even hotter. I was driving through a parking lot and found a F40 and thought it was just a kit car till I saw the two intercoolers.