HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

anybody have pics of the projector lights on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:09 PM

anybody have pics of the projector lights on?

hi, do the little projector lights ( them small ones in the fog light area) cast much light? are they more for appearance? maybe some of you guys could post a few night time pictures with them on (and no headlites on) from inside the hhr and a few pics from outside the car. thnx!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by chooch
the little projector lights
Old 03-11-2008, 06:04 AM

They do a pretty good job as driving lights. There is no doubt about telling if they are on or not if it is dark out.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM

I did a quick web search and Gm calls them fog lights. Its just that the fog lights look so much smaller on the SS then the ones on the regular HHR lt.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:01 PM

I did a quick web search and Gm calls them fog lights. Its just that the fog lights look so much smaller on the SS then the ones on the regular HHR lt.
that's because the SS uses projector lights for the fogs, while the other models use larger halogen lights, with a traditional lens setup. the projector unit takes up far less space, so they are smaller.

back to the original question. are you asking about a picture of them on at night, as far as how much light they put on the road? if that's what you want, i can take some on my way home from school tonight (well, sitting stationary, probably in a parking lot somewhere, not actually while driving lol), take one or two with them off, then one or two with them on, for comparison's sake.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:18 PM

hi yonash, thanks for replying! that would be great if you could post some various pictures of the lights . Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:36 PM

no problem! well, i got out of class earlier than normal, but i know of a quiet road i can go park on for a bit to take some good pics once it gets nice and dark out there. should have them up either tonight or tomorrow morning for ya.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:17 PM

well, i wasn't able to get out last night to take the pics, but for sure i will be out kinda late tonight, so i will throw my camera in before i leave, and should have them posted up by morning. i work the graveyard shift so even though i'm off tonight, i still stay up late lol. by tomorrow morning they'll be here for ya. and if you'd like any other pics, let me know what you need, i have no problems taking pics of my car lol. although she does need a bath right now...badly lol
Old 03-12-2008, 08:47 PM

yonash....take a few night time dash pics also. Whatever pics you got of your little beast, post them anyways! Dont lose sleep to get me the photos, i don't want you falling asleep at the wheel coming home from your shift. Remember jim carrey in Dumber and Dumber movie, with the semi? don't do that.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:59 PM

Remember jim carrey in Dumber and Dumber movie, with the semi?
LOL.

Quick Reply: anybody have pics of the projector lights on?