HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Anyone have a tire sensor go bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
mine is off a lot. I think one tire leaks down a bit
Mine (just one) appears to be doing this as well. have there been any problems with the SS wheels/valves leaking? I have checked for nails in the tread and nothing.

XXL, I feel your pain. I had a dealer like that and had the same problem with the headliner/grease. I had a similar meeting with the GM at that dealership about how they ruined my headliner. I got so ticked off that I got rid of the car (limited fall edition) and bought the SS. I hope your meeting/solution goes better.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
XXL

Originally Posted by esmarkey
XXL, I feel your pain. I had a dealer like that and had the same problem with the headliner/grease. I had a similar meeting with the GM at that dealership about how they ruined my headliner. I got so ticked off that I got rid of the car (limited fall edition) and bought the SS. I hope your meeting/solution goes better.

Thanks. So far, so "good." GM has called me twice since I dropped off the car on Tuesday (they gave me their "personal loaner" -- Impala LT that smells like a chimney, but runs and drives... so, at least I'm not walking). They called yesterday to tell me that the dealer I bought it from apparently hacked in some anti-theft device/key into the wiring harness... then removed it. This makes me non-smiley. They're going to note it in all the paperwork so that when the car burns to the ground next year, my insurance company will know who to sue. He also indicated that they _may_ replace the headliner... not sure what triggers the go/no-go decision on that. Maybe when their makeready guy gets tired of scrubbing on the grease spots (??).
Old 10-02-2008, 10:15 AM

Oh XXLI really feel for you! I had 2 new headliners installed. The problem I had was that this dealer did not have a body shop and they were having a mechanic do the work. He left grease all over the place, TWICE! They finally had a detailer come in an steam clean.
The headliner was still drooping behind the sunroof after all of that.

I sure hope you are satisfied with the turnout!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:00 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by XXL
They called yesterday to tell me that the dealer I bought it from apparently hacked in some anti-theft device/key into the wiring harness... then removed it. This makes me non-smiley. They're going to note it in all the paperwork so that when the car burns to the ground next year, my insurance company will know who to sue. He also indicated that they _may_ replace the headliner... not sure what triggers the go/no-go decision on that. Maybe when their makeready guy gets tired of scrubbing on the grease spots (??).
No replacement on the headliner. They scrubbed it to give it a nice even "smear" effect. Certainly what I was expecting... I didn't buy a nice car, after all.

Here's what they found under the dash.

Loudest squeak is gone. TPMS has been replaced. The other rattles are still there, but again... I apparently buy high enough in the product line to warrant much expectation of quality.