HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Which is a better investment for the SS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Old Lar
Adding stuff to an HHR even a SS one is no investment as the car depreciates 30% as soon as you drive it off the lot. Add what ever you want for driving or handeling improvements as you won't make a bit of difference when you sell/trade or wreck the car.
Troll a Honda site with this line of thinking.

I think that bad03extreme was referring to the value of the upgrade on a personal level, not enhancing the value of the car on a seller's market. Most of us are enthusiasts with little concern of trying to make a profit on a piece of automotive transportation. We do it for the passion of ownership and driving experience.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
Troll a Honda site with this line of thinking.

I think that bad03extreme was referring to the value of the upgrade on a personal level, not enhancing the value of the car on a seller's market. Most of us are enthusiasts with little concern of trying to make a profit on a piece of automotive transportation. We do it for the passion of ownership and driving experience.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:55 PM

I would say both mods are of no additional value if you trade the car at a dealer. A non-modified all original car would probably be worth more and likely be easier sell privately than a car with either mod.

Do which ever mod you feel you will get the most immediate enjoyment out of and dont worry about resale value. Just have fun with it.....G.B.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gone Blue
I would say both mods are of no additional value if you trade the car at a dealer. A non-modified all original car would probably be worth more and likely be easier sell privately than a car with either mod.

Do which ever mod you feel you will get the most immediate enjoyment out of and dont worry about resale value. Just have fun with it.....G.B.

god man!!!don't you people read before you post??? please read the above 2-3 posts!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
god man!!!don't you people read before you post??? please read the above 2-3 posts!!!

uhh What are we talking about again?