HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Bulb Types - SS Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 PM

nokya

i actually just put in the nokya arctic white h13's in and im really satisfied with the look and lighting. much brighter and have a nice slight blue tint. dont order the H11's though because they dont have the three plastice fins at the base that are needed to twist the bulb into place. had to send mine back
Old 06-24-2008, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by snowcruiser
i actually just put in the nokya arctic white h13's in and im really satisfied with the look and lighting. much brighter and have a nice slight blue tint. dont order the H11's though because they dont have the three plastice fins at the base that are needed to twist the bulb into place. had to send mine back
Well then it is a good thing that the H11's were not ordered due to being out of stock. Guess I will have to check other brands for the fogs. Any recommendations? I was contemplating putting the arctic yellow but I was afraid that would look dumb.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 PM

Heres the HHR/SS with my HID's::: upper and lower and yes the HIGH Beams as well

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 06-27-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Reduced pic sizes
Old 06-25-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
Heres the HHR/SS with my HID's::: upper and lower and yes the HIGH Beams as well

Are those just bulbs or did you use a HID conversion Kit? Either way it looks like what I am trying to accomplish. If they are normal H13 and H11 replacement bulbs please share with what you got. I do not want to go through the trouble of converting to HID just to get closer to the look for both appearance and I like the way they light up the road.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 06-27-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Removed pics from quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by snowcruiser
What exactly did your H11 Bulb look like. Judging from the picture on Nokya's site and what is on amazon where I bought the H13's from they look like they will fit.

Pic On Amazon of the Nokya H11

I took apart my inside fender and pulled the bulbs to be sure tonite and they look fine.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 PM

HID conversion kits all the way...not just bulbs
Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
HID conversion kits all the way...not just bulbs

Those look great. Where did you order the kit from? I was looking at the H13 Bi-Xenon HID Conversion Kit & Fog Light Kit from Plasmagarage. I'm glad you posted pics because that is the look I wanted.

How bright does the road look now? Is it really that much of a difference? Thanks!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by bluonyx
Those look great. Where did you order the kit from? I'm glad you posted pics because that is the look I wanted.

How bright does the road look now? Is it really that much of a difference? Thanks!
Of course they are bright I see alot more than usually...Been having the headlights just did the Fog's today....
Old 06-27-2008, 06:00 PM

Mind snapping some pictures of how/where you hid the ballasts? I had 6000k HIDs on my tC and will probably go the same route with the HHR. I like the idea of yellow for the fogs, so I'll probably look around for a decent set of non-HID yellows for down there. How hard/easy are the fog bulbs to change? (going to pick up the car in about half an hour, haven't looked yet...)

edit - I also just read that H13 conversion kits require splicing the OEM headlight plug. Could you run through what you did for that (or just PM me since it's kind of off topic here)? Finally, and again I don't have the car right now to look at so I'll just ask, do you have to disable or bypass any daytime running light features? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by patrick49
Mind snapping some pictures of how/where you hid the ballasts? I had 6000k HIDs on my tC and will probably go the same route with the HHR. I like the idea of yellow for the fogs, so I'll probably look around for a decent set of non-HID yellows for down there. How hard/easy are the fog bulbs to change? (going to pick up the car in about half an hour, haven't looked yet...)

edit - I also just read that H13 conversion kits require splicing the OEM headlight plug. Could you run through what you did for that (or just PM me since it's kind of off topic here)? Finally, and again I don't have the car right now to look at so I'll just ask, do you have to disable or bypass any daytime running light features? Thanks in advance.
no PM , I have the same questions. Can u post it? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Bulb Types - SS Fog Lights