HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Can you spot the difference???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:33 AM

I thought a rally sport had hidden headlights
Old 04-12-2008, 12:38 AM

Right Side is correct Left Side is not. On the LS, LT and 2LT the running boards are installed by the dealership(on the '06).
Old 04-12-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
LS.....1LT......2LT.......SS, yes.......

But RS??

sorry guys LS.........Left Side
RS.........Right Side
Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
There was no change over, the LS came with the running board, and the RS came with the SS ground effects, I think this was a mistake from the factory.
I would say so! What would be the point of having the running board on 1 side of the car and the ground effects on the other side You should have had the ground effects on both sides. I do have to say though that the SS looks good with the running boards.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by chooch
what is this RS model you is talking about? by the way SSROADSTER... your hhr ss looks frigging hot! i like!!
No RS Model....just like said in above post......RS is Right Side of vehicle, should have made that more clear in the original post
And thanks for the complement

Originally Posted by ivtech
Right Side is correct Left Side is not. On the LS, LT and 2LT the running boards are installed by the dealership(on the '06).
You got it correct....but I am thinking that this could be a mistake from the factory, maybe the assembly line worker picked up the wrong piece, (in my case the running board as opposed to the ground effects) I am almost sure the dealer did nothing, because it sat on his lot for only a short time, and why would he even have a reason to change it????
I will have to check all pics of any SS's to see if this has happen again, so far it seems that I am the only one.
It is an interesting thought to think about
Old 04-12-2008, 07:48 AM

I agree

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
I would say so! What would be the point of having the running board on 1 side of the car and the ground effects on the other side You should have had the ground effects on both sides. I do have to say though that the SS looks good with the running boards.
Maybe we have solved the puzzle Now I have the best of both worlds, running board on the left side of the SS and ground effects on the right side of the SS, this way I get to look at it two different ways, all thanks to the factory Just think of how much my SS will be worth down the road
Old 04-12-2008, 11:24 AM

That's really weird.

Large components (like a running board) quite often have a barcode that the line worker needs to scan before installing the part. If the wrong part (for that specific vehicle) is scanned, alarms sound to alert the worker and in some cases the line will even stop.

Not sure how this happened. Pretty cool though!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by nerraD
That's really weird.

Large components (like a running board) quite often have a barcode that the line worker needs to scan before installing the part. If the wrong part (for that specific vehicle) is scanned, alarms sound to alert the worker and in some cases the line will even stop.

Not sure how this happened. Pretty cool though!
I am totally as well, as this was the only SS the dealer got in, and the only BFM he had on the lot. The other HHR's he had were all different colors, so no reason to swap out, change or whatever......
When I first went to see the SS, I thought this is unusual, maybe a special order, running change , etc., but I do think as a few others here, just a factory mistake.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:52 AM

It could have been that your regular driver side SS Rocker Molding was damaged/scratched in the factory at some point and they sent it to the repair area for a fix... then maybe they put the wrong one on as a replacement.

It is funny though... there's so much error proofing in the assembly plants that it's actually quite difficult to do something like this.

Well, yours is definitely special!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:42 PM

That's wild...did you just notice this? Is the dealer going to make both sides the same? Or are you ok with it?

Quick Reply: Can you spot the difference???