HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Can you spot the difference???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:17 PM

there is no way I would keep it that way.
I would have to have it symmetrical. That would bug the **** out of me.
Great looking color though. I love the BFM.
Almost as much as yellow.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by nerraD
It could have been that your regular driver side SS Rocker Molding was damaged/scratched in the factory at some point and they sent it to the repair area for a fix... then maybe they put the wrong one on as a replacement.

You may have a point there, that is a possibility. the sales guy was good to deal with, he was front on everything else, I should have question him then, but I was too excited at the time

It is funny though... there's so much error proofing in the assembly plants that it's actually quite difficult to do something like this.

Well, yours is definitely special!
Understand what you are saying, but there is always an exception to the rule, not only are my chiclets not level, but the more I look at the SS on the front doors, I am wondering, maybe the worker was standing crooked that day. Who knows I may have 300 HP under the hood and not even know it

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
That's wild...did you just notice this? Is the dealer going to make both sides the same? Or are you ok with it?
You know I am really ok with it, I mean after all, who would really notice, except the forum? I am sure they would make the adjustment, but I don't know if I want the dealer to even touch it in that way

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
there is no way I would keep it that way.
I would have to have it symmetrical. That would bug the **** out of me.
Great looking color though. I love the BFM.
Almost as much as yellow.
It doesn't quite bug me yet, and I don't think that it will, I am happy with the BFM, the SSR I had was Yellow, and if the SS came in Yellow, I would be right along side with you to order.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM

part ordered

dealer ordered part today, should have it in next week, I need ground effects on both sides......
Old 04-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Platinum Member

You Bet. And it really should help IF you ever sell or trade it in. I bet the dealer, on a trade, currently would knock $1000 off just for that.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 AM

I would get it changed for sure.
But
I bet a dealer would never notice it if trading it in. Most of them don't even have a handle on what they are selling. I had one salesman want to argue with me that the automatic had more HP than the Manual. I asked him if he wanted to bet selling me the SS at his cost including the holdback. Of course he declined. I bought my SS from a different dealer. I hate doing business with anyone that doesn't know their product.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 AM

That pretty wild...... I would docuement every bit of this. I would even ask to keep the one running board.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Banned

This wasn't a factory mistake. Running boards and ground effects are installed by the dealers because of the risk of damage during shipment. Although, the car probably shipped with the wrong parts inside and the lackeys at the dealership installed them without even bothering to notice the mistake.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
That pretty wild...... I would docuement every bit of this. I would even ask to keep the one running board.
I intend to do just that....

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
This wasn't a factory mistake. Running boards and ground effects are installed by the dealers because of the risk of damage during shipment. Although, the car probably shipped with the wrong parts inside and the lackeys at the dealership installed them without even bothering to notice the mistake.
never thought of that, you have a valid point, that is probably what happen.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
you made a good point, but I did find out that SS's come from the factory with the ground effects installed. in fact they sent GM the pics that I sent to the dealer, dealer said GM was not to happy about the mixup and is really looking into this, they will be checking things at the plant from what they told me. should be good for everyone, maybe bo more whistling noise from the left side window or mirror in future builds......

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT....I finally installed the left side ground effects today I now have a "real" SS. I am so happy
Pics soon.............
Old 04-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Founding Member

The dealer will get to eat this repair. You have to catch model descrepancies within 48 hours of the vehicle hitting the lot to get GM to pay for them. If not, the dealer pays for the repair. We bought RS moldings on a silverado last week. LS had them RS didn't.

I couldn't resist using the LS/RS abbreviations.

Quick Reply: Can you spot the difference???