HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

chevy survey

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 PM

chevy survey

anyone else get the chevy survey? i got mine about 2 days after i got my car. i rated the dealers excatly what the deserved for each question. i have a insider at the dealership where i bought my car, when they got my survey from gm my friend told me there were pissed at her because she refered me there. now im really mad at that dealer, its a well known fact this particular dealer is probaly the worse chevy lot in texas.(only reason i went there was cuz my friend works there) i dont undersatnd how they can be mad becasue i rated them poorly!? it should make them relize they need to shape up right? i got sevreal phone calls after i bought the car they asked me if i can give them the highest rating when i got the survey, i just told them sure ill be fair. i was even asked to bring the survey up to them and i would get a "suprise" for handing it over. the only suprise they could have tempted me with would be a vette. lol...
Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Founding Member

That's a real pity. Just like in school, good grades are EARNED, not purchased.

It's sad that there are dealers out there that can only get a good survey by giving out a tank of gas or free oil changes.

GM has recently come down very hard on dealers for "interference" with the survey process. Hopefully this one will learn their lesson some day.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:15 PM

I almost had a survey experience when I had my rotors turned at 3k. When I picked up the car the service advisor told me I would be getting a survey in the mail. He told me that it was very important to him that I give favorable responses to my service experience. His salary was based on these surveys and that anything less that complete happiness would be like an "F" on his report card. He went on and on about it too.

While driving home something caught my eye in the back. It was the roll of paper towels that I had in my detailing kit. It was spread out all over the back of my panel. My detailing kit was no where to be found. I pulled over and found all of my supplies on the floor and under the passenger seat. When "Super tech" was testing my brakes he must have slammed the brakes on so hard that the kit hit the back of the seat and went everywhere. It was sitting near the rear hatch when I dropped off the car. I had half a bottle of quick detailer spilled under the seat. I called my good buddy, the service advisor and he offered to do a complete detail job or what ever I wanted to make it right. I told him I wouldn't want anyone at his dealership to touch my car again PERIOD. Funny the survey never showed up either.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:35 PM

I guess I have been lucky but my Dealer has earned the high marks that I have given them. That is also the reason I drive all the way across town to take my vehicle there despite having another chevy dealer much closer. Davis Moore Chevrolet in Wichita if anyone is interested.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:35 PM

im still waiting for my service survey too. the first time i took my car back the door was closing right, when i got home i checked the door. it was still not closing right so i decied to look around the door too see if they even touched it. only thing i could tell was they chipped my paint. i had to take it back to get the door fixed and fix the chip. now i will be going to another dealer for service from now on. wonder if i should email gm about them trying to give bribe me for the survey. the service manager also told me that he would fill my tank up if i brought him the survey.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 PM

I hope the survey effects the dealer more than it helps the customer. I filled out my survey accurately when the dealer wrecked my car and the rental car I had dropped off at their lot. I got all the way up to the GM district manager calling me and he could have cared less about my problem. He offered free oil changes for 2 years or 24,000 miles and told me the rental car is my problem and your car has been fixed so everything is fine. I'm scared to let the service people touch my cars.

I've also had the offer to bring back a good survey and get a free tank of gas but it's funny, when my wife's Equinox was in service for a month off and on because they counldn't figure out the sunroof was leaking on all of the electrical system, we never got a survey. Now how is that.

I'm done with GM after these two cars. May end up without these two if anything else happens. I really do like my little HHR though.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:46 PM

Had a similar problem here. Took car in for recall...they got black fingerprints all over my headliner and then had the gall to bring it out that way. Sent it back and had to wait for it to be cleaned.

This on top of them jacking me around with the warped running board pad issue and them telling me once they replaced the running boards and pads, when it happened again I had "to live with it...they all do that when they sit out in the hot sun. Needless to say, that very next weekend I went to the dealership and took pictures of all the HHR's sitting in the hot sun on their lot and NONE of them had that problem...and some had been there for months.

Add on a radio issue I have which they refuse to take care of because it's not the radio that came in my HHR...but one from another HHR that they so conveniently charged me $99 to unlock after I installed it...I've become a little hot under the collar.

Filled out online survey and got a call from the dealer wanting to know why I said all that on the survey...I was costing them money and maybe even his job. I said, well if you took better care of me and my concerns, I would say so, but it seems every time I come in now, you look for reasons not to do the job right or to my satisfaction.

I'm not trying to be a witch about this stuff...but my 2006 HHR has less than 15,000 miles and I always take it to them in tip top shape and expect it returned in same condition.

He said they are almost afraid to see my HHR come in now for fear I will give them another bad review. I said...if the job is done right and to my satisfaction, I don't have a problem saying so...but if they were that concerned, maybe I should find another dealer and I left it at that.

Figured I needed to cool off and let them do the same before I proceed any further. In todays economy, one would think the dealer would be a little more concerned about keeping their customers happy.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 PM
ecl

I gave my dealer excellent reviews but they of course earned them, they were the best dealer I have ever dealt with. Of course I drive 2 and half hours to get to them but its worth it to not have to deal with the dealer in town, I have actually had to walk out on them because they wouldnt work with me and tried some very shady practices. But so far so good with the out of town dealer I actually just got my car back from them after they fixed a paint defect, and am expecting another survey in which they will be getting great reviews since the were very nice and fast and had a rental set up and payed for by the time I pulled on to lot had it waiting there for me.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 PM

One of the most important service issues for the SS is to ensure that only synthetic oil is used (several reasons for that). If you do not trust your dealer 100%, getting the wrong type of oil (either intentionally for extra profit, or in error due to incompetence) is something to think about.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:28 PM

ya i plan on changing my own oil so i can make sure of that.

Quick Reply: chevy survey