HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

chevy survey

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:19 AM

Good thread. I gave my selling dealership all completely satisfied. However, the Penisheads at the dealer that just blew me off regarding my crappy mileage got exactly what they deserved PLUS a 2 page explanation conveying my dissatisfaction. I closed the letter with a request that I be contacted by someone from Corporate Customer Service and that I switched to GM from a longstanding happy life with older Ford products. Had my beautiful 2003 Mercury Marauder not been totalled, I would never have bought an HHR.

For the money I was to be spending, the HHR was by far the best choice. Other than my current issue, I really like this car. Oh yea and dude said, We washed your car for you sir, I went to get it and it was filthy.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
That's a real pity. Just like in school, good grades are EARNED, not purchased.
BINGO!

An oil change doesn't buy my favor, but the dealer's action will. I'm really happy, from what I've read in this thread, that you all feel the same way.

Victory for the customer.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:40 AM

This sound all to familar. When i bought my SS, the dealer was pushing this survey like it was everything. and i didnt have a particuarly good time getting my car. sales man didnt work the numbers with me at all and when i got back to the deal maker guy they had me set up for 72 months at 9%, when i have a credit score in the high 700's. at this point it was 8pm on a saturday and I flipped out. to make a long story short I got the 2.9% for 60 months and they knocked off another 2k to make the deal. Then told me to give them all + on the survey. I said yeah yeah and then got the hell out of there. they called me 4 time in the next 30 days to see if i have filled out the survey, i said i had not recieved it yet and would complete it as soon as i recieved it.

I got the survey about a week later and completed it, and graded them accourndingly, + on every thing but how the deal went down. Then a week later I get a call from them about the car that i traded in. They said it got kicked back to them due to frame that i didnt disclose to them. and they wanted me to buy back the car at the price they bought it at, or they could send it back to auction and i would have to pay the difference. I told them that it would not happen they made the deal they own the car. I had a carfax printed up on the car i traded in and it never shown any kind of frame damage or repair and the dealer confirmed that. a few days later they called me back again and said they got 6300 for the car and i owed the difference to 8000 witch was 1700. I proceed to ask them why they waited 45 days to find this problem, I knew everything about the car i was buying why didnt they? I could almost expect a call 24 or 48 hours later about this but not a month and a half. WTF. I told them if they continued to persue this that i would have my lawyer contact them. I havent heard back and its been a week now. so i hope its over.

****ing Dealer...

*******s...

Last edited by relicstone; 05-16-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:30 AM

Surveys are for masking problems. By sending out surveys now, GM can say that they are looking to fix thier dealer issues, when the reality is that they really don't want to, nor do they know how. What they really need to do is create a consistant customer service model and training program. Then step into each dealership and train the staff. This creates a baseline. Follow that up with secret shoppers. And THEN they can also do surveys with more effectiveness. Any dealer not meeting the criteria then loses its affiliation, or at least is put on notice.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Doc brown
Surveys are for masking problems. By sending out surveys now, GM can say that they are looking to fix thier dealer issues, when the reality is that they really don't want to, nor do they know how.
I'm curious, is this a supportable fact or your opinion? I find the opposite is true, that GM knows their biggest issue are the dealers. May be because I live in the Detroit area I'm a bit more in touch with the automotive industry but I have heard from many friends that work in automotive that GM is combing the dealer network and are weeding out the bad and combining the new at a steady pace. Ford and the other one are both doing the same thing.

GM is paying a lot of attention to those surveys and the dealers know it and are worried.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Filled out online survey and got a call from the dealer wanting to know why I said all that on the survey...I was costing them money and maybe even his job.
I would fire a service advisor on the spot if he/she did this. Why would he try and throw fuel on the fire. What an idiot.

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
He said they are almost afraid to see my HHR come in now for fear I will give them another bad review. I said...if the job is done right and to my satisfaction, I don't have a problem saying so...but if they were that concerned, maybe I should find another dealer and I left it at that.
This is the real reason for the call. He doesn't want you to come back because he is afraid of getting another bad survey.

An FYI to everyone: The dealer, managers, salesmen and service personell have a lot of money to be either gained or lost based on these surveys. Everyones pay plan is set up and based on what their scores are. The dealer could lose out on 100's of 1000's of dollars if they have bad scores. The rest of the employees don't lose as much, but it is a substantial amount of their income.

The real problem is the emphasis that all manufacturers have put on these surveys. It breeds cheating and dishonesty due to the loss of income. Of course if you are treating a customer the way you should be, you don't have to worry about it.

The whole grading structure of the survey is that there is only one passing grade and that is COMPELETELY SATISFIED. All other answers are graded as FAILING. And that is because Harvard Studies show that if a customer is COMPLETELY SATISFIED, they will be lifetime customer, and if they are VERY SATISFIED or anything less then that, it won't take much for them to take their business eleswhere.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by monster5601
I'm curious, is this a supportable fact or your opinion? I find the opposite is true, that GM knows their biggest issue are the dealers. May be because I live in the Detroit area I'm a bit more in touch with the automotive industry but I have heard from many friends that work in automotive that GM is combing the dealer network and are weeding out the bad and combining the new at a steady pace. Ford and the other one are both doing the same thing.

GM is paying a lot of attention to those surveys and the dealers know it and are worried.
I certainly hope you are right. But my experience with surveys, customer service, and the fact that this issue is nearly as old as the automotive industry are why I'm confident this is the case. My personal, very recent negative experience with GM/Chevrolet customer service, and a delaer, is another. They should have seen this coming at least 20 years ago. Why has it taken them so long? Unfortunatly, GM, Ford, and Chrysler's old style approach to the automotive buisness has helped the dig a hole so deep, that they may never fully recover.

Toyota figured it out many years ago and has become quite succesful as a result. The "Big 3" decided that status quo was OK.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM

I still hate my dealer!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doc brown
Surveys are for masking problems. By sending out surveys now, GM can say that they are looking to fix thier dealer issues, when the reality is that they really don't want to, nor do they know how.
This sure does sound like what happened to me and my survey complaint. GM Distric Manager could have cared less about my problems with two dealers.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I would fire a service advisor on the spot if he/she did this. Why would he try and throw fuel on the fire. What an idiot.

This is the real reason for the call. He doesn't want you to come back because he is afraid of getting another bad survey.

An FYI to everyone: The dealer, managers, salesmen and service personell have a lot of money to be either gained or lost based on these surveys. Everyones pay plan is set up and based on what their scores are. The dealer could lose out on 100's of 1000's of dollars if they have bad scores. The rest of the employees don't lose as much, but it is a substantial amount of their income.

The real problem is the emphasis that all manufacturers have put on these surveys. It breeds cheating and dishonesty due to the loss of income. Of course if you are treating a customer the way you should be, you don't have to worry about it.

The whole grading structure of the survey is that there is only one passing grade and that is COMPELETELY SATISFIED. All other answers are graded as FAILING. And that is because Harvard Studies show that if a customer is COMPLETELY SATISFIED, they will be lifetime customer, and if they are VERY SATISFIED or anything less then that, it won't take much for them to take their business eleswhere.

i wish i could have bought my car from your lot. im sure it would have been all As on the survey

Quick Reply: chevy survey