HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Competition Seats Do Pinch Your Leg

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:09 PM

Competition Seats Do Pinch Your Leg

Somebody mentioned in another post (can't find the original post) that the competition seats pinch your leg. He is absolutely right. For some reason the left side of the seat will pinch your leg. I always think I have something in my left pocket that is jabbing my leg. Anyone else with this problem? FYI - I'm 6 foot, 180 lbs - so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas on how to fix???
Old 03-24-2008, 06:26 PM

Well, I am 6 foot 220 lbs with the competition seat and I have no problem. I am not saying this to brag but rather I am intrigued with this issue. I don't want my seat to get worn and would like to identify the pressure point.

Can someone post a picture with the problem area circled?

Thanks,
Old 03-24-2008, 07:00 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by PTGT 2 HHRSS
Somebody mentioned in another post (can't find the original post) that the competition seats pinch your leg.
Original thread.....

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/you-might-think-twice-about-performance-seat-13740/
Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM

Is this the one ?

from LT1GMC: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ighlight=seats

You might think twice about Performance seat.
I ordered the Performance seat because it looked great and it sat well in my test drive. However, in driving over the last week, I have noticed that the bottom cushion and support foam have a metal support on each side also. That kinda presses in on your legs after a while, but more importantly, that door side bolster with the metal support sticks up high enough that it presses your leg pretty good each time you get out. I am thinking premature wear of the seat cover, as I've had a couple of cars that did that before, but maybe not this much. Its just something to consider and think about before ordering, thats why I mention it.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by PTGT 2 HHRSS
For some reason the left side of the seat will pinch your leg. I always think I have something in my left pocket that is jabbing my leg.
I’m thinking that the performance seat will be an issue for someone with a really fat a$$ like me!

Last edited by SindyDix; 03-24-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 03-24-2008, 07:26 PM

I was the original poster about that, and I'll tell you what I did to maybe help a bit. I felt down the bolster till I felt the metal rail/flap/support under the side foam, then with both hands and a good bit of weight, pressed down and out. I believe it gave a bit and the seat feels better in my opinion, not so pressed tight, and also it seems like I don't drag it as much getting out.
I think maybe thats why they don't offer that seat in the pass side, that and the fact that its wider by an inch or two would infringe on the parking brake, and cupholder area. JMHO
Old 03-24-2008, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by LT1GMC
I was the original poster about that, and I'll tell you what I did to maybe help a bit. I felt down the bolster till I felt the metal rail/flap/support under the side foam, then with both hands and a good bit of weight, pressed down and out. I believe it gave a bit and the seat feels better in my opinion, not so pressed tight, and also it seems like I don't drag it as much getting out.
I think maybe thats why they don't offer that seat in the pass side, that and the fact that its wider by an inch or two would infringe on the parking brake, and cupholder area. JMHO
Here is a photo of mine with the performance seat on both sides, as you can see there is no issue at all with clearance to the parking brake. I will say I have to disagree with the comments on the performance seat, we felt the standard seat was really bad! Performance seats are very good, no pinch issues, me=5'-8" 150 lbs, wife= 5'-7" and 120 lbs. So try for yourself, as it must be a personal preference issue.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the picture c2vette, it does not interfere as I had feared. My drivers seat looks a bit wider than yours, but that's probably due to my 225 lbs spreading it a bit.
I do agree that I like them better, especially the appearance, but also the extra length of the bottom cushion. Bending the bolster support on mine made it alot more comfortable.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by LT1GMC
I'll give that a try. The wierd thing is I only have the problem with the left side - not the right. It pokes me in the left leg on the side just were my leg meets my butt. I use this car as a work vehicle so I am in and out of it all day long. At the end of the day my left leg is sore.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by orbitalrage
Well, I am 6 foot 220 lbs with the competition seat and I have no problem. I am not saying this to brag but rather I am intrigued with this issue. I don't want my seat to get worn and would like to identify the pressure point.

Can someone post a picture with the problem area circled?

Thanks,
It's at the back of the side bolster. Check out c2vettes pic. The pressure point is at the top of the picture. It's driving me crazy.