HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Crackhead 1, HHR SS 0

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:16 AM

Crackhead 1, HHR SS 0

I'M A LITTLE MAD!

OK, So I arrive at work at 7:30am, I go back out to my car to get a soda at 8:30am, and my Boss arrives at 9:00am and immediately informs me that my car has been broken into........AT WORK, UNDER VIDEO CAMERAS!

The Theif took a Garmin GPS, and nothing more.... He didn't bother unlocking the door, just smashed it and took what was in arms reach, thank god, I had a 20 year old biker jacket, a laptop, and an I-pod all laying on the passenger floorboard!

The Police have viewed the security tape, and this guy has been doing 3 to 4 break-ins a day on FAMU and FSU's campus' for the past week, the police think the theif has come into town for the Homecoming activities at the two Universities.

THIS PART PISSES ME OFF!

When the break-in occured it was rainning slightly, I made an appointment with Safelite to have the window replaced, made another appointment to get the tint redone, and yet a third appointment to have a "New Car" detail done to remove the glass from the interior, and help expose any other damage from the glass breaking. The interior door panel is scratched, and there are a couple of nicks on the stearing wheel.

Safelite took forever because our doors get pretty tight down at the bottom and they had a real hard time removing all the glass from within the door! THEY DIDN'T GET IT ALL! When sitting inside and shutting the door there is no sound of broken glass, however, when you shut the door from the outside it sounds as if the window was never fixed!

Next comes the tint, I had to have them do it twice. they tried the ole, lets put diffrent tint on and get the owner to strip the other stuff...... I don't think so, especially when it was the same tint shop who did the original, what kind of idiots do that to their pre-existing customers?

CALM AND SERENITY RETURNS!

The bright light at the end of the tunnel was the detail shop, they know we have a young kid, and went the extra mile to make sure the $100.00 detail I paid for was more like a $250.00 detail. It looks so damn good that I almost forgot about the noisemaker in my door!

CRACKHEAD 1, HHR SS 0

Crackhead got away with a $300.00 GPS
HHR SS-Window, Tint, Detail= $410.00

Moral of the story........ My boss leaves his drop-top Porsche un-locked in hopes of a theif not cutting his $3000.00 rag top..... Hell, I might just roll down the windows this time next year.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 10-30-2009 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Reduced pic sizes to max 640 x 480!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:40 AM

i had my window busted out a few years ago where i lived and they didn't take ANYTHING. Nothing at all. Almost more frustrating then when they take something, since there was no point.

Then a few weeks later i see another Jimmy like mine parked in a guest spot (my spot was near the guest area) and it had it's window busted out. SO I am thinking they came looking for that guy, for who knows what, probably drugs, and found my car instead.

good luck getting the glass all out of the door and hopefully they got it all out of the inside. I could still find a stray glass chunk here and there over time and one of them go into the seat belt mechanism and started screwing it up.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:23 AM

Sorry to hear about all your grief. That is the reason I never leave anything, no matter the value (except my wife ), in plain site in my car. No matter what it is, somebody will want it more than you (except my wife)!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:51 AM

Ya that sucks, my HHR got broken into on October 1st, they smashed passenger side window, ripped off the center bezel to get the radio when the did this they broke the hazard, passenger air bag, and rear wiper switch, and ripped the passenger leather seat plus stealing radio, amp, camcorder and subwoofer. Anyways best tip to get leftover glass is use an air blow gun and vacuum to blow out the glass then vacuum will suck it up. they to repaint my door and replace the molding aroiund the outside from damage. so it could have been worse. Considering they just got all the switches replaced and working since 28th, 27 days later and still havent got radio installed.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:52 AM

That really sucks !! Hope the cops catch that b@st@rd !!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
Sorry to hear about all your grief. That is the reason I never leave anything, no matter the value (except my wife ), in plain site in my car. No matter what it is, somebody will want it more than you (except my wife)!
sounds like you have a pretty good alarm system on/in the car
Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by SOMBERSHARK0714
That really sucks !! Hope the cops catch that b@st@rd !!
Better yet, someone with a tire iron or .357

He'd get out of jail, start rippin & runnin and be back to smash/grab in notime.
Tire iron or .357 would fix his attitude better.

Maybe even cure him/her for good.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:52 PM

I had the same thing happen to my truck about 6 months ago. Busted out the passenger door window while it was parked in the AutoZone parking lot. All they got was a 10-piece drill bit set and one of the factory tail lights. Cost me almost $300 for a new window with tint for about $30 worth stuff. Some people have no respect for others...
Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
I'M A LITTLE MAD!

CRACKHEAD 1, HHR SS 0

Crackhead got away with a $300.00 GPS
HHR SS-Window, Tint, Detail= $410.00

Moral of the story........ My boss leaves his drop-top Porsche un-locked in hopes of a theif not cutting his $3000.00 rag top..... Hell, I might just roll down the windows this time next year.
Too bad we ain't allowed to shoot SOBs' like this when caught..

They used to hang crooks for stealing horses. I think some of that old logic should still apply.

Bummer about your ride & the items ripped off..

Billy
Old 10-30-2009, 01:46 PM

Losers

What a mess! I hate this stuff. Stinkin rip offs. I'd like to meter out some personal justice on the person who did it!