HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Did all SSs come with ABS brakes and side air bags?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 AM

i have side airbags
Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Dear 5speed4,

According to the information that I have available to me, the 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS had the power four wheel disc brakes with standard anti lock systems. They had the 54mm single-piston front calipers and 38mm single-piston rear calipers.

I would have to agree with other members of the forum; I can see that the side air bags were available for the 2008 model year, but from the way that I am understanding my information it was not standard for this year.

I hope this information helps.
Yes, it does. Thanks.

I hope that you have had a break in the heat wave in your area.
Actually, we escaped a lot of that heat here (northern NM at 7000 ft elevation). There were a few days in the mid-to-upper 90's but nothing in the triple digits. Plus our humidity is always in the 30-40% range instead of 80-90% range. Thanks for asking, though.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:16 AM

5speed4,

You are very welcome. Please, don't hesitate to contact me with questions, comments and/or concerns.

Glad to read that you were able to escape the heat wave. So glad that it is over here. The 70's temps have been a great break for us.

I hope that you have a great weekend planned.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Banned

OMG this customer service is a joke.. he asked about airbags not what kind of brakes they came with LMAO
Old 08-12-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by bartSS
OMG this customer service is a joke.. he asked about airbags not what kind of brakes they came with LMAO
Didn't she answer his question about the air bags?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by bartSS
Actually, he asked about both.

But, yeah, the way her response came out was a bit mechanical...
Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 AM

I'm surprised GM is making an effort to come to these sites anyway. Is that a new thing?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM

@bartSS, The above post was seeking information for both the ABS brake system and side air bags.

I am glad that I can make you laugh.

@Blue SS, I apologize that my responses are not up to the standards that you would like. However, I did provide this person the answer that they were seeking. At least, you all know that I am not a robot, but human. LOL

@JAMIROBri, We have been performing this new program for just about two years now.
Please, don't hesitate to contact me with questions and/or concerns.

Last edited by ChevroletCustomerService; 08-12-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Forgot to leave signature
Old 08-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

I would say try not to make your responses seem so automated
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
@bartSS, The above post was seeking information for both the ABS brake system and side air bags.

I am glad that I can make you laugh.

@Blue SS, I apologize that my responses are not up to the standards that you would like. However, I did provide this person the answer that they were seeking. At least, you all know that I am not a robot, but human. LOL

@JAMIROBri, We have been performing this new program for just about two years now.
Please, don't hesitate to contact me with questions and/or concerns.

Michelle, please disregard people's negative comments. I wish more people in your company and in the industry in general, would put in the time on these product forums. You are above par in both respects and I believe way above par in your company. Your very presence here to help says that.

I have never had a dealing with you but I have only seen you help and not hurt on the forum.

Quick Reply: Did all SSs come with ABS brakes and side air bags?