HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Do you ever regret driving your HHR in the winter with the salt and all

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
I live in central ny and they use quite a bit of salt.
I picked up my HHR SS used from Southern NJ almost 2 years ago
its spotless top and bottom.

I have an older car that I mainly drive in the winter.
But lateley its driving me crazy knowing I could be driving my hhr
with winter tires and wheels which I have just sitting in storage in my shop.

Its almost to the point where I consider trading in my ss for something that I would not be too worried about driving in the winter but then I think well why not just drive it in the winter.

Anyhow anyone regret driving theres in the winter.
My 07 hhr lt that I bought had seen a few winters when I bought it used and I drove it through one winter and used the delta sonic car wash every few days and it did not seem to rust underneath anymore than when I had it.

just looking for ideas on how your ss or lt or ls has been holding up mainly underneath in the salt
If you are thinking of trading it just because of that, why worry? Just drive and enjoy it, wash it as often as you can, underbody too. Cars are pretty much a consumable item and you are not going to gain much if you loose it by trading instead of driving it till the wheels fall off. I drive mine all the time, they do pretty well in the snow and ice. It is actually amazing how many miles you can get on todays cars if you take care of them, and the cheapest miles are the ones between 50K and 200K. The first year and 10K are the most expensive.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:02 AM

I'm just a little north of you in Lowville. I too regret having to drive my HHR in the winter, but having another car to drive is not an option financially so...just gotta try to take care of her as best as I can.