HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
Wow Newb, so your telling me if i go buy bumpers from an SS and put them on my Car with out the stupid side ground effects that Im a jackass?
I don't think that putting parts, aka bumpers, spoiler, grille, seats, whatever is a stupid thing, but don't badge it an SS unless it is, you will only get laughed at if you do.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:02 PM

There is a "purple" or whatever color that is HHR near me that's NOT an SS but has SS badges on next to the LT badge and has the 3 fake buick oval thingy's on the sides of the front fenders (don't know the official description or name of them) and is chrome to hell.

man it looks bad.

to each their own I guess. It just reminds me of the friggin ricer crowd. The ricers all try and beat me in my trans am . I usually just sit still at the light and laugh at them. I could whoop em with my wife mini van.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:04 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by Swr-08HHRSS
You are if your trying to make something that it's not.
Welcome to the board, and to my twit filter.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:08 PM

Well people have been putting SS and other faux badges on cars since the 60s and I don't laugh when i see a Chevelle Malibu turned into an SS i think its sweet. I don't see many people laughing at these cars. You would crap if an HHR with SS badges rolled up on you but wasn't an SS, and it smoked you. just because it didn't come with a stupid little badge from the factory doesn't mean its not a true Super Sport, you can make any chevy a SS if you have money and any way who says that a car can only be a super sport if comes from the factory that way??
Old 09-04-2008, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Swr-08HHRSS
You are if your trying to make something that it's not.
And you are for coming on this board with 16 posts like you know everything about this car, theres people on this forum that have put SS badges on their HHRs way before the SS was even thought about.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
Yea so what many people have been doing this way before the SS was out, it is very cheesy. but like i said before if it wasn't for us LT and LS HHRs the SS wouldn't be here.
Word, If it weren't for us slower moving "oldster's", you "youngsters" wouldn't have your FaSSt toys to play with. Now mind your manners and play nice, while I work on chroming my dentures.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Word, If it weren't for us slower moving "oldster's", you "youngsters" wouldn't have your FaSSt toys to play with. Now mind your manners and play nice, while I work on chroming my dentures.
PIMP!! i gotta see these suckers when your done
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Also side note: The SS is pretty bad ass so im not bashing on it. Just shooting the facts that the SS was built around the LTs and LSs.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:15 PM

I do know most everything about my car being that I did my research before I bought it. As for you, your hhr looks pretty cool. As for my small amount of posts, yeah I don't waste all my time looking and typing on a forum, I pop on here for some info and updates. Maybe you should post less and maybe go out and see the world.
peace

Last edited by SindyDix; 09-05-2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: responded to reported posts
Old 09-05-2008, 06:09 AM

I know of someone who has SS badges on his LT but he had them on there since BEFORE the SS was even rumored to be coming out. If there's no such thing as an SS then you're not trying to copy anyone, you're creating your own new thing. It's not his fault that GM thought making an HHR SS was a good idea too!

As an owner of an SS that previously owned an LT I have no problem with someone putting an SS badge on their LT since I know that we all know the real difference.

Quick Reply: Fake SS