HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Swr-08HHRSS
I do know most everything about my car being that I did my research before I bought it. As for you, your hhr looks pretty cool. As for my small amount of posts, yeah I don't waste all my time looking and typing on a forum, I pop on here for some info and updates. Maybe you should post less and maybe go out and see the world.
peace
I was thinking that may be YOU should just stop posting. Looking at your last three, I doubt anyone would miss you. Sorry to be so Surly, But I know many are thinking it, and just won't say.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Banned

I do know most everything about my car being that I did my research before I bought it. As for you, your hhr looks pretty cool. As for my small amount of posts, yeah I don't waste all my time looking and typing on a forum, I pop on here for some info and updates. Maybe you should post less and maybe go out and see the world.
peace
You may know everything about YOUR car, but you don't know jack about the history of the SS badge. Only in recent years since the Impala SS came out in 1994 have people expected it to be a performance package. Before that, even in the '60s and '70s heyday of the musclecar, SS and RS were always strictly trim packages that had nothing to do with performance. The only letters and numbers that had to do with performance packages were RPO codes like Z28 and WS6.

People who make ZR1 Corvettes by badging up a stock post '91 Vette with ZR1 stickers ARE posers. People who want to slap an SS badge on the fender of their car, I have no problem with whatsoever, it's just not me, though.

If you're planning on coming over here and posting like you're some kind of elitist because you have an SS and paid more for it than anyone else, you're an idiot. Chances are a lot of the old-timers on this board paid more for their 2LTs three years ago when there were NO incentives on any HHR and many people have thousands of dollars in paint, accessories, and sound.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by a76marine
I know of someone who has SS badges on his LT but he had them on there since BEFORE the SS was even rumored to be coming out. If there's no such thing as an SS then you're not trying to copy anyone, you're creating your own new thing. It's not his fault that GM thought making an HHR SS was a good idea too!

As an owner of an SS that previously owned an LT I have no problem with someone putting an SS badge on their LT since I know that we all know the real difference.

I know who you are talking about and I asume since the OP is in Chicago he is talking about our pal. I agree 100% that as an SS owner I have no issues with his choice of putting the SS's on his ride and quite honestly I like the way his car looks with the SS's.

Note to the OP: To each his own! Its funny you say you pop in on the forum from time-to-time to check things out. You very well may be insulting someone on this forum who has provided you with the things to check out. And im sure all the research you did on tthe HHR before buying included posts on this site so back it off a notch or please find somewhere else to pop in and check things out.

SPPD
Old 09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
XXL

I do know most everything about my car being that I did my research before I bought it. As for you, your hhr looks pretty cool, your attitude sucks and maybe you weren't held enough when you where small. As for my small amount of posts, yeah I don't waste all my time looking and typing on a forum, I pop on here for some info and updates. Maybe you should post less and maybe go out and see the world.
So YOU'RE the resident expert on this board. But you only share your expertise by calling people jackasses. That's very helpful. Thanks.

Oh, and since I was in a hurry to go out and see the world, I forgot to actually add you to my twit list. That mistake has now been corrected.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Founding Member

Good... I'm not the only that said it!

Originally Posted by SPPD
..so back it off a notch....