HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:48 PM

So basically you made yourself look like a goober? That is all I got out of the story! ........
Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM

There are enough people who already don't like SS on any FWD even with a Turbo.

I am not losing any sleep on any of this.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by decepticonss
People who just put badges on their car make me angry.

I was on the freeway today and just cruising along and come upon a hhr with red ss stickers on it.

It had all the SS badges in the right spot so as I pull up next to him and get past him I realize the front is the LS style. I laugh and I think he saw me. I couldnt tell because he had his windows tinted and I could just see the top of his head.

So I pace him for a bit and when its clear I drop it into 4th and take off. He just sits there so its obvious its just a sticker mod. I slow back down to the speed limit and wait for him to catch up. I take off again and the guy slowed down and tucked in behind a minivan, I think he was a bit embarrassed.

To each his own but people who think its cool to badge up their car when its got nothing to go with it just bug me. Now if the guy had a custom turbo or what not, thats another story where its semi acceptable.
Ah give the guy a break, he was living in the past (not to long ago as a matter of fact) when GM put SS on all there vehicles for appearance packages. They were slow but they looked nice
Old 02-04-2010, 02:36 PM

Very true HHRSSouth, however I'm personally glad GM has stopped doing that. Appearance packages on their cars should be rs like old times. As for putting SS badges on a non SS. I think its retarded, for I own a true SS. Instead of SS, if he did a little appearance work, I think he should have put "rs" badges on. Then people wouldn't **** on him and it'd really turn some heads and make people ask some questions.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 PM

I don't think SS should be put on anything other than a Camaro. How does that sound? But really, trying to race someone strictly because they have an SS badge is stupid.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:57 PM

Some of the SS owners sound like snobs. Big deal you have an SS. It's still a 4 cylinder.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Skatetheglobe
Some of the SS owners sound like snobs. Big deal you have an SS. It's still a 4 cylinder.
No way dude, the ecotec is the ****! Look, I have been saying for a few years now the ecotec is the next generation of sport compact tuning but an HHR isn't the end all tell all like some people here seem to think. So what the kid had an SS badge, the OP made him or her self look like a fool. The other driving probably shied away because you are giving him a bad name. I am more annoyed by that then anything else.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:14 PM

alot of people don't even know what the SS means.
I have an SS, do I flaunt it? nope, and besides nobody has ever "challenged" me on the road.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Skatetheglobe

I am, admittedly, a snob when it comes to micro brews, and Ink.

I bought my SS because it's a true SS, in that it has enough ( marginally ) power, has decent handling for what it is, and because I like the look of it. I would get on my 675 if I want to race, the power to weight ratio is so much better on it. In the 80's GM was really bad about putting the SS name on appearance packages. An 80's Monte Carlo SS had the exact same 305 in it that the non SS had. I'm all for making a vehicle your own, but what would you think if you saw a Honda with either an AMG, or RS4 badge on it?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by decepticonss
People who just put badges on their car make me angry.

I was on the freeway today and just cruising along and come upon a hhr with red ss stickers on it.

It had all the SS badges in the right spot so as I pull up next to him and get past him I realize the front is the LS style. I laugh and I think he saw me. I couldnt tell because he had his windows tinted and I could just see the top of his head.

So I pace him for a bit and when its clear I drop it into 4th and take off. He just sits there so its obvious its just a sticker mod. I slow back down to the speed limit and wait for him to catch up. I take off again and the guy slowed down and tucked in behind a minivan, I think he was a bit embarrassed.

To each his own but people who think its cool to badge up their car when its got nothing to go with it just bug me. Now if the guy had a custom turbo or what not, thats another story where its semi acceptable.

WoW, take it easy! Just because he refused to race makes it an obvious sticker mod? I refuse to race all kinds of cars in my SS. I guess that means that my SS is only (fill in the blank)? To each their own. A very good friend of mine has a non-SS with SS badges. He put them on when he bought the car in 2006 before the SS was an option, so I guess all of us "Real" SS owners are copying him eh?

SPPD

Quick Reply: Fake SS