HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:07 PM

Well the Geo Metro Turbo was a real turbo too, but I don't think too many were people quaking in their boots at a stop light.

Note: The HHR is a Cobalt Wagon, like it or not
Old 02-04-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR

WRONG!!!!!!!
The Cobalt is the HHR Sedan/Coupe

SPPD
Old 02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by decepticonss
People who just put badges on their car make me angry. (snip)

It had all the SS badges in the right spot so as I pull up next to him and get past him I realize the front is the LS style.
What I find most amusing is that you had to even post & boast that you needed to see the 'front end' to realize it was LS style..

Just a FYI: The rear is different on an SS also....

And so what.........Give the guy a break. Maybe he has a house full of kids to feed, & etc..
So this is what he chose, or could only afford to do.. It's still an HHR (his way)..
Old 02-04-2010, 05:06 PM

I love this. This was a discussion a year back too. Everyone who does not own the SS model bashes the guys who feel that clones devalue the SS in 'it's own little world of exclusivity'. That little idea of model exclusivity is the reason I bought the SS, because it 'was' an exclusive model that 'has' a very big difference under the hood. I know that we should all be able to customize our cars, but really there are so many ways to go about doing that as to not 'pose'/'claim' to be an particular model. For some of us it was the main reason to buy this 'fuel sippin - retro styled - station wagon rocket'.

Some poor shmoe will be at a used car lot in a few year thinking he is buying an SS, and will be sad to realize it is JUST a clone.

Customize does not mean COPY! Just my opinion, bash away.......
Old 02-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Just because I accelerated next to a car I'm trying to race him?

Does anybody here try to have fun while driving their car?

In no way what so ever was I trying to race him, I was just trying to have a little fun. I guess I'm such a tool for that. The conditions were safe and all I was trying to do was have a little fun with some one and see what they had under the hood. I wasn't honking or revving at him to try to get him to go.

Sleeper I dont know what part of my post comes off as "boasting" sorry I didn't notice the nubs on the rear bumper. I've only been driving my hhr for 2 months so forgive me for not knowing every detail. My Bad, glad you could have a good chuckle about it.

I bet you guys all love vtec stickers on hondas too. This just looked like a case of American Rice to me.

I guess we can go back to threads about will this void my warranty questions, brake questions, and K&N air filter discussions.

I'll probably get flamed for this too since you all got your panties in a bunch about my "racing" but I saw this out on the road with proper badging and let him have the road:

Flame on ladies, I got my fireproof clothes on.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 02-04-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Reduced pic to site max 640 x 480!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Well the Geo Metro Turbo was a real turbo too, but I don't think too many were people quaking in their boots at a stop light.

Hey, the Geo Metro, with a stick felt kinda quick
Old 02-04-2010, 05:20 PM

Yea... 2LTS

Originally Posted by HHRemi
Since you had to get to the front to realize it wasn't an SS, I assume it had nice wheels, too; which means he's invested money to get it the way he wants it. I think you're being to hard on the guy. If there's one thing I would change on the SS if it were physically possible (not so because of the intercooler), it's the front end. I prefer the non-SS front-ends. So your freeway buddy did a 'what if' project. "What if Chevy made a non-Turbo SS?"

I agree it would need some level of motor mods to be complete, but maybe he's not done.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Dude, that's awesome. And from my hometown, too! I hope I didn't leave the impression I actually dislike the front end of my brand new totally killer SS. I just think the non-SS front is a little truer to the retro theme. Me likey both.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Rebadging any car, foreign or domestic, as the "faster" model is one of the hallmarks of rice. Pretentiousness is unsavory in any field of endeavor.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:21 PM

After reading all the comments, I've reconsidered. 'Clone SS' is a bad idea. RS would have been cool.

Quick Reply: Fake SS