HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 PM

All in all who cares. This post has gone way too sideways.....let's talk about some K&N Air Filters already.....that CTS-V is sweet and just saw today that the Z28 is slated to come out Fall of 2011 with the same 556hp......now that car is an SS
Old 02-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by 1970judge
I don't think SS should be put on anything other than a Camaro. How does that sound? But really, trying to race someone strictly because they have an SS badge is stupid.
Right. Only Camaros...
Not those wimpy Chevelle SS 396's or the Nova SS 427's.

GM took vehicles that were basically wimpmobile family midsize and compact cars turned into musclecars. This was the advent of the supersport. Some were only cosmetic packages (like the guy's rebadged HHR LS) while others were actual performers (depending upon year and option packages). I wondered what they would do in the 20th century to keep the spirit alive.

How does this sound? Maybe take a small family wimpmobile, put a HO turbo motor in it as well as a perf suspension package and turn it into a musclecar? (not like the cosmetic-only packages that they did with some of the SS' in the '60's)

Kinda sounds like the SS tradition is intact to me.

Maybe if they didn't release the HHR SS and Cobalt SS, we could all be running around in exciting Camrys.

Oh yeah, the SS option made it's debut in '61 as an option for the Impala long before the Camaro came out in '67.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:35 PM

False badging is just wrong, childish and pathetic. There a billion original ways to make your car cool or your own. I'm looking to pull off mine.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Ok let me get this straight. It is wrong to put SS emblems on a LS but ok to remove the SS emblems from a SS???

I would think the LS guys would be upset you would be posing as a base car.

We really need Summer here I think too many have been inside too long.

While I would not do it I find it flattering that someone is trying to copy what I have. Envy is the most sincere form of compliment.

I find if I have something worth pretending to have I must have some thing good. Few people clone Crap.

Is it wrong to put the old Chevy script or port holes on a HHR when they are not a 48 Suburban or Buick?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
Right. Only Camaros...
Not those wimpy Chevelle SS 396's or the Nova SS 427's.

GM took vehicles that were basically wimpmobile family midsize and compact cars turned into musclecars. This was the advent of the supersport. Some were only cosmetic packages (like the guy's rebadged HHR LS) while others were actual performers (depending upon year and option packages). I wondered what they would do in the 20th century to keep the spirit alive.

How does this sound? Maybe take a small family wimpmobile, put a HO turbo motor in it as well as a perf suspension package and turn it into a musclecar? (not like the cosmetic-only packages that they did with some of the SS' in the '60's)

Kinda sounds like the SS tradition is intact to me.

Maybe if they didn't release the HHR SS and Cobalt SS, we could all be running around in exciting Camrys.

Oh yeah, the SS option made it's debut in '61 as an option for the Impala long before the Camaro came out in '67.

Right so where at the local GM dealer can I go buy a chevelle or nova? Oh yeah, I can't. So the SS can sit on the ONLY car's available that had the title originally..which is....DING Camaro, Impala?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Ok let me get this straight. It is wrong to put SS emblems on a LS but ok to remove the SS emblems from a SS???

I would think the LS guys would be upset you would be posing as a base car.

We really need Summer here I think too many have been inside too long.

While I would not do it I find it flattering that someone is trying to copy what I have. Envy is the most sincere form of compliment.

I find if I have something worth pretending to have I must have some thing good. Few people clone Crap.

Is it wrong to put the old Chevy script or port holes on a HHR when they are not a 48 Suburban or Buick?
De-badging is legit since its not false advertising. Some people just don't like clutter.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 PM

De-badging leaves the statement to assumption, false badging screams aspirations. I am neither condemning or condoning either action in this particular post. I'm just very into semantics, connotations, and denotations. The statement about LS guys getting upset is a new thought I hadn't had though.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:23 PM

I am going to order a new set of badging for all of you to put on your vehicles..."L.I.G"

Let it go.......the horse has been killed

P.S. the dead horse had it's hooves removed prior to dying....is that the same as debadging?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Scrivs
I am going to order a new set of badging for all of you to put on your vehicles..."L.I.G"

Let it go.......the horse has been killed

P.S. the dead horse had it's hooves removed prior to dying....is that the same as debadging?
2LT de-badged
Old 02-04-2010, 10:29 PM

I hope you de-badgers keep them suckers around come resale time. An SS that doesn't say SS on it could be a problem. Personally, I waited 'til I was 47-years-old to get a badass Chevy SS, and I'm advertising the hell out of it!

Quick Reply: Fake SS