HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 PM

LBC baby!

Originally Posted by HHRemi
Dude, that's awesome. And from my hometown, too! I hope I didn't leave the impression I actually dislike the front end of my brand new totally killer SS. I just think the non-SS front is a little truer to the retro theme. Me likey both.
Thanks man - i feel you, I'd love to have/see an SS in LS/LT facias and running boards. Ive been toying with getting an SS and would trade someone straight ( Well, they do the swap ) for non SS facias, etc. The front of the SS although nice in it's own right is a little too air-dammie for me. Hmm, what about SS rear and Non SS front? Someone photoshop this please.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 PM

I hear ya about "air-dammie". Kinda reminds me of a Funny Car. That's not a bad thing.;-)
Old 02-04-2010, 11:12 PM
ecl

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Thanks man - i feel you, I'd love to have/see an SS in LS/LT facias and running boards. Ive been toying with getting an SS and would trade someone straight ( Well, they do the swap ) for non SS facias, etc. The front of the SS although nice in it's own right is a little too air-dammie for me. Hmm, what about SS rear and Non SS front? Someone photoshop this please.
well when/if you do let me know would gladly switch you.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member

Here's a members 2LT Panel, that he did the switching. I didn't save the back pics. But he did it properly... (Hope he doesn't mind me posting it)
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2010, 11:59 PM

is this alright if I re-badge mine with this:

honestly I have thought about it....
Old 02-05-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
is this alright if I re-badge mine with this:

honestly I have thought about it....
It'd be worth it just for "that moment". The day when, after hundreds of people drive by without a second glance, that one guy starts laughing and pounding his steering wheel when the bulb goes off over his head.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by decepticonss
De-badging is legit since its not false advertising. Some people just don't like clutter.
This sounds a lot like the old Dr Suess Childrens story of the Star Belly Sneetchech.

As long as they do not try to sell it for profit or gain they can do what ever they want. I have seen many here stick on things I find much more sinful and tasteless than just a handful of SS emblems.

I do like the Hummer deal. That would be funny.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 AM

I stopped by a paint and body shop a while back to check about having some work done to another vehicle and when I pulled in there was an orange "SS" badged LS in the parking lot. From where it was parked it was pretty obvious it was an employee. I had to ask when I was in there "who's HHR is that?" The guy giving me the estimate said "Which one.....the SS". I had to laugh and he got cusious as to what was so funny. I showed him my SS and long story short the guy who owned the fake-SS had been selling it off as an HHR SS. Needless to say I bet that guy got ribbed for a long time after my visit.

Out of fear from revenge from the HHR owner I decided to hav emy work done elsewhere I could care less about re-badging a vehicle.....but you can't go around claiming it to be real.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:11 AM

I have my Lt basically turned into an SS, missing the tranny and the engine, My seats have SS badges on them, but im def not posing. My car is slow and i know it. I would of bought an SS but they weren't out when i bought my car, Im not going to dig my self deeper in a hole by buying an SS id rather dig deeper for a way faster car.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Andy2.0
Im just waiting to see a honda with SS badges.... I know it exists somewhere out there
I don't know about that, but I've got a GTO badged as a type "R"

Name:  Awesome.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  70.5 KB

Quick Reply: Fake SS