HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:20 PM

Let's face it, Clones are popular , Watch barrett jackson, 1/2 of the pricey rare cars started as something else and were changed to resemble the rarer of the editions.

I say go nut's - Who is anybody to tell anybody, that they should'nt customize there property to there likeing. Thats not cool. Get Real.

InDe - Visu - aL - AlLitT - EeE

Is what makes it custom ! IMO

With my ride, if you like it ,I'm humble and proud.
If you don't like it , Thats cool too, (To each his own) But you won't see me building everyone elses idea of a custom HHR.

I luv you guy's ( your not getting there bud lites chris )
Old 02-06-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Andy2.0
I think after reading this thread:
A.) it is going nowhere new,
B.) We are better off if we can all agree to dissagre,
C.) Im going to go find LS badges and put them on my SS!
God forbid you fake a LS.

Just laugh at this like many of us are. Of all the things to worked up about.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:01 PM

I'm gonna locate some Yugo emblems for mine/.......
Old 02-06-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1970judge
Right so where at the local GM dealer can I go buy a chevelle or nova? Oh yeah, I can't. So the SS can sit on the ONLY car's available that had the title originally..which is....DING Camaro, Impala?
Hey bud, I think we're on the same page; Unless you think differently. My response was to another member who thought that the SS monicker should have only applied to the Camaro. I disagree with this...

I don't have a clear idea what you're talking about with your post, but my point is that the Chevrolet SS is a tradition that should not be tied into any specfic model. I for one was brought up with it and lived it since it was introduced in 1961 (not 1967). GM could have let it die with the original Impala SS (or the Camaro as some people think should have happened) or keep it alive by applying the performance technology of the day to present models. The HHR SS and Cobalt SS are good examples of the spirit of the SS heritage and I applaud them for keeping it alive. I have somewhat recaptured the same exhiliaration tromping on the throttle of my HHR SS (with the GMT upgrade) as past owned Chevelle SS 396 350hp (but without the pounding engine drumming in my chest [for those of you who have had the privelidge]). I miss those days, but now I can get a piece of them back.

Again, I think that we're talking about the same thing.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:15 PM

I bet as time goes by, We'll all see some SS panel clones. It would be pretty easy.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM

I sold the seats out of my Panel SS to a fellow board member. He didn't want to look like he was posing, so he had the SS stitching removed from the seats.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:08 PM

I kept the SS in mine but i dont care what people think, im not "posing"
Old 02-06-2010, 09:14 PM

Looks like everyone in the world has added their 2 cents to this, so I will too. Worst problem is that some guy in a 350z might actually think his car is faster than an HHR SS. Of course a non-SS unless somebody has done some major work to it is so slow nobodyu would ever think you were actually trying to out-accelerate them.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
I kept the SS in mine but i dont care what people think, im not "posing"

I wouldn't have gone through the effort of removing them ( he has an upholstery buddy, so I doubt it cost him too much ) and I wouldn't consider that posing.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:32 PM

I am going to put police interceptor badges and a light bar on mine just to see if people get out of my way on the freeway

Quick Reply: Fake SS