HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Front lower valance

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 06:08 PM

Front lower valance

I just bought a 2008 Victory Red HHR SS and really love it. A previous owner appears to have gotten a bit too close to a curb in the front and the lower valance is broken on one side. I found a couple of aftermarket suppliers and wonder if anyone has had experience with this problem and maybe one of these two outfits.

http://www.partstrain.com/store/inde...iversal:0)&N=0

http://www.discountbodyparts.com/cat...cid=productads

Any trick to putting these on?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by OKIE SS
I just bought a 2008 Victory Red HHR SS and really love it. A previous owner appears to have gotten a bit too close to a curb in the front and the lower valance is broken on one side. I found a couple of aftermarket suppliers and wonder if anyone has had experience with this problem and maybe one of these two outfits.

http://www.partstrain.com/store/inde...iversal:0)&N=0

http://www.discountbodyparts.com/cat...cid=productads

Any trick to putting these on?
I have taken mine off of my SS a couple of times for new headlights, I/C piping, and who knows what else...Its not hard just time consuming...I used a battery powered drill, and a 7mm socket(i think) and just take out the bolts where the valance meets the bumper, and the 3 or so in each wheel well. Then you gotta do so tugging and it'll come out...Oh and there will be a few of those plastic tabs (that are in the wheel well) underneath that need to be pulled out to get it apart...

You are gonna want to put it up on jack stands to make this a lot easier

welcome btw!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:19 PM

Think we're talking different things here. I'm not talking about the front fascia, just the valance or 'chin spoiler' if you will. Check the item in the links.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by OKIE SS
Think we're talking different things here. I'm not talking about the front fascia, just the valance or 'chin spoiler' if you will. Check the item in the links.
we are talking about the same thing...Thats how it comes off...The "chin" that the arrow point to???just to clarify:

If it is only a very thin piece, like your link shows, then it would have to be clipped in somehow from the backside, which you wouldn't be able to see easily from under the car. To easily access the back side of the valance, you will probably remove all the screws, maybe somebody else can help clear things up that has removed it for that reason...
Old 10-04-2013, 10:37 PM

Actually it is a air deflector, that mounts to the lower panel, that mounts to the front facia. Easy to replace as the lower panel and front facia, do not have to be removed. I removed the lower panel[lots of screws], and the air deflector on mine, some time ago, to speed up the process of removing the front facia. Air deflector removed, no harm, no foul. "Moon"
Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 AM

Different suppliers/users have different names for them I suppose, but yes, it's the approx. 1.5"-2" piece that hangs straight down from the fascia.

Parts Train calls it a "Valance - Front, Lower" and Discount Body Parts just calls it "Valance."

I didn't look long and hard at mine but it looks like it's either held on to the fascia itself by a line of small bolts to some type of snaps like those for door panels and such. I'll take a closer look this morning in the light of day. Thanks, guys!