HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

GM people, can you answer this Supplier question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:33 PM

GM people, can you answer this Supplier question?

Went to 2 dealers today and test drove the SS, one BFM and the other SOM, both auto's, as I decided it would be better, this way my wife can use it also, don't want to be greedy

Really thinking about the BFM, only had 3 miles on it, I added another 2.
Questions:
1- when a dealer uses GM supplier pricing, is it true that he gets paid the same and it does not come out of his profit?
2- is it also the same with the current $1000 cash back which ends Monday?
3- if the answer is yes to these questions, then there should be more room to come down in price? correct?
4- what is the actual invoice on the SSR?

Of course, they gave me a low number on the trade, although a Pontiac dealer gave me a great number because of the condition of my G5

So Monday, I will call and counter offer, from a MSRP price of $26,225
with Supplier and the rebate, it is now $24,178

I was thinking in terms of another $1500 off
Opinions and suggestions please!!!! can't stop thinking about the BFM, and no flames, but I do like better than Black

I liked the ride, although a little harsh at times, depending on what road surface that I was on, but also don't know what the tire pressure was either.
Felt good, just did 1/2 throttle, great response, could feel the turbo come on, really like the seats, very comfy, as everyone has stated.

I must be getting old went to test drive the Solstice and just felt to closed in, I like the openness of the SS.
Maybe I get lucky on Monday, we shall see.
And thanks in advance for any comments...............................Tom
Old 03-29-2008, 04:45 PM

Try getting quotes via the web. This is the quote I got (and got others that were similar). I purchased a slightly different SS but got the exact same discount. The final cost was $200 under invoice plus $2000 in rebates.

Dear xxxxx,

Hello and welcome to xxxxxx Chevrolet. My name is xxxx xxxx and I am a GM Certified Internet Sales and Leasing Consultant here at xxxxxx Chevrolet. Thank you for your interest in the 2008 Chevrolet Truck HHR SS. Your Special Internet Department Price on this specific vehicle will be as low as $:

MSRP: $24,830.00
-Internet Incentive: $1,536.32
-GM Incentive: $2,000.00
=Total Investment: $21,293.68

**If you want a specific exterior color and/or interior color, if you would like any specific options not listed above, please let me know so that I am able to provide you with the truest price for you on your new vehicle.**

You must purchase from me, xxxxx xxxxx, to receive our Special Internet Department Pricing. If you have any questions, concerns, need directions to our dealership, or would like to schedule your appointment please feel free to contact me. Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you very soon. I hope I can earn your business as one of our many happy and satisfied customers.
1SS - SS Package
Primary Color: 74U - Victory Red
Trim: 47C - Sport Cloth, Red
Engine: LNF - Engine, 2.0L DOHC 4CYL Turbo
Transmission: MM5 - Transmission, 5-Speed Manual

Options: B36 : Cargo Mat, Carpeted Rear QOI : Tires, 18" (P225/45R18)
CF5 : Sunroof UE1 : OnStar
FE9 : Federal Emissions UQ3 : Speakers
G85 : Limited Slip Differential US9 : Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/6-CD
PZ4 : Wheels, 18" High Polished Forged Aluminum VK3 : License Plate, frt mounting bracket

PLEASE NOTE THIS QUOTE IS WITH REBATES THAT END 2/29/2008
Old 03-29-2008, 05:17 PM

I have been dealing through the web......The prices vary widely........
I know the vehicle I want but they are trying to stick what they can find on me .........I haven't bought a new american car for 10 years and this is a Pain in the behind.......
The other problem is that Monday the Incentives end.........
and supposedly Monday is also the build-out day
So they are trying to dump whatever the can on folks.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
Went to 2 dealers today and test drove the SS, one BFM and the other SOM, both auto's, as I decided it would be better, this way my wife can use it also, don't want to be greedy

Really thinking about the BFM, only had 3 miles on it, I added another 2.
Questions:
1- when a dealer uses GM supplier pricing, is it true that he gets paid the same and it does not come out of his profit?
2- is it also the same with the current $1000 cash back which ends Monday?
3- if the answer is yes to these questions, then there should be more room to come down in price? correct?
4- what is the actual invoice on the SSR?

Of course, they gave me a low number on the trade, although a Pontiac dealer gave me a great number because of the condition of my G5

So Monday, I will call and counter offer, from a MSRP price of $26,225
with Supplier and the rebate, it is now $24,178

I was thinking in terms of another $1500 off
Opinions and suggestions please!!!! can't stop thinking about the BFM, and no flames, but I do like better than Black

I liked the ride, although a little harsh at times, depending on what road surface that I was on, but also don't know what the tire pressure was either.
Felt good, just did 1/2 throttle, great response, could feel the turbo come on, really like the seats, very comfy, as everyone has stated.

I must be getting old went to test drive the Solstice and just felt to closed in, I like the openness of the SS.
Maybe I get lucky on Monday, we shall see.
And thanks in advance for any comments...............................Tom
1) No
2) Yes
3) Sometimes yes sometimes no. The dealership has to make a profit or he goes out of business. Profit is not a dirty word.
4) Each invoice is different, depending on options. The amount of money, which is small, that is behind the invoice has variables such as advertising by GM for the dealers area. That part is complicated so I don't need to get into it, but it is a rather small amount

A dealer who can average over $2000 profit per car is doing an excellent job. But the profit percentage margins are real low. Most do not hit $2000 per unit. Most sales departments lose money every month. Thats why service, parts and body shop departments are so important.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
1) No
2) Yes
3) Sometimes yes sometimes no. The dealership has to make a profit or he goes out of business. Profit is not a dirty word.
4) Each invoice is different, depending on options. The amount of money, which is small, that is behind the invoice has variables such as advertising by GM for the dealers area. That part is complicated so I don't need to get into it, but it is a rather small amount

A dealer who can average over $2000 profit per car is doing an excellent job. But the profit percentage margins are real low. Most do not hit $2000 per unit. Most sales departments lose money every month. Thats why service, parts and body shop departments are so important.
so, do you think that I am within reason asking for an additional $1500 off?
they may also counter with another #, in which case I would have to decide what to do. I think if I could get another $1000 off, I will drive home Monday night with my new HHR SS in BFM

thanks for all of your replies!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER

Tom

There's nothing wrong with being greedy some times!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:01 PM

we bought our SS a month ago,, sticker was 25,930, we paid 22k cash, plus $40 for the temporary tag. It had been listed on Ebay, but did not sell, we contacted the dealer a few days after the ebay ad went off.
Good luck, we sure are hapy with our new black SS.