HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Going to buy my HHR SS tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 PM

In my 09 amoung others you couldn't get it in 5th without lifting the reverse lock. Hopefully your shifter just needs breaking in. Congrats though. :)
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by probablecause
BTW,
Thanks for the input on the shifter. A short throw may be in my future I think.
You will love it...the folks a TWM did a great job on this one.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:12 PM

Welcome probable.

Did this SS come from Kentucky by chance? I almost picked up a IMB from there but didnt want to wait for it to be delivered.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:52 PM

Sweet. I looked at a black one before getting The Little Red Wagon last Sunday. Let's enjoy our new car smell while we can!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by decepticonss
Welcome probable.

Did this SS come from Kentucky by chance? I almost picked up a IMB from there but didnt want to wait for it to be delivered.
decepticonss,

My 2009 came from Athens, Ga. Who knows before that. It had 233 miles on it and was never titled. My dealer said they got it from the dealer auction. So I bought it as a used car.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by HHRemi
Sweet. I looked at a black one before getting The Little Red Wagon last Sunday. Let's enjoy our new car smell while we can!
HHRemi,

Congrarts! I love that new car smell as well!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:18 PM

So you're the one who bought it. I've been watching that car for some time. Congratulations on your purchase. This is the one that was at Athens Chevy right? Woops, if I had read on, I would have seen that. They've got another one that looks like it has the same options, but is silver with the red seat inserts. I don't really like the red inserts, but the price is tremendous. Did you get it for less than advertised price of $20,425?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:43 PM

Congratulations, probablecause. Although you didn't get EXACTLY what you wanted re options, buying an almost new preowned has its advantages. Think of all the $$ you have left over for mods. IMO, you did real good in regard to the value that you received for this HHR (you skipped the resale depreciation value beating that many have to deal with) and you got a great color to boot.
Good luck and many happy miles! r
Old 02-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by gclcpa
So you're the one who bought it. I've been watching that car for some time. Congratulations on your purchase. This is the one that was at Athens Chevy right? Woops, if I had read on, I would have seen that. They've got another one that looks like it has the same options, but is silver with the red seat inserts. I don't really like the red inserts, but the price is tremendous. Did you get it for less than advertised price of $20,425?
HaHa,

Yeah it was me! They were concrete firm on that price. I tried for two days of negotiating and the best I got was $21,825 drive out with a cash sale. The door sticker has $24,985 on it, so I would assume the silver one has the same sticker price. That was still the best price on the internet for an 09 anywhere in the country with less than 300 miles on it.

Go buy the silver one and maybe trade or sell somebody on the forum the red interior parts??? I was kinda of thinking about something like that when I was looking at the available panels around the country.

probablecause
Old 02-07-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
Congratulations, probablecause. Although you didn't get EXACTLY what you wanted re options, buying an almost new preowned has its advantages. Think of all the $$ you have left over for mods. IMO, you did real good in regard to the value that you received for this HHR (you skipped the resale depreciation value beating that many have to deal with) and you got a great color to boot.
Good luck and many happy miles! r
Thanks 87silver!

Quick Reply: Going to buy my HHR SS tomorrow!