HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Got pulled over for no front plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:30 PM

Got pulled over for no front plate

NY requires a front plate but I just couldn't bring myself to let the dealer install it. I don't un one on my TA. I was on my way home from the grocery store and .7 mile from home, He did let me go but scolded me for it but seemd to buy my lame excuse that when I got it the dealer didn't have the bracket.

I have to decide if I'm going to install it or not. I drive my 5-10 cops a day on local roads an none seem to care but since it's my daily driver I don't really want to keep getting hassled.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Texas requires it too. I took mine off long ago and have been pulled over numerous times because of it and never ticketed, I do have a stack of written warnings though. If I get a ticket I'll just put it back on long enough to get the ticket released.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:20 PM

In Massachusetts, if you are given tow plates by the RMV, you are required to have both on the vehicle. We still have an older series of single plates left over from the late 70's that are still active, but that's your only excuse. My plates....I was issued Firefighter Memorial plates last year. They took years to get the registry to produce, and I am a retired firefighter, so I am more than proud to display them. The money collected these paid for a monument to recognize firefighters killed in the line of duty that was unveiled behind the statehouse in Boston last September. A long overdue, fitting tribute and a very worthwile cause.

BTW - In Massachusetts, specialty plates are an additional 40 dollars above the regular fee. This extra money goes to the cause being recognized by these special plates. We are up to 16 different plates these days. Check'em out.

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/express/plates.htm
Old 06-28-2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
BTW - In Massachusetts...We are up to 16 different plates these days. Check'em out.
In ohio we have around 60-80 if not more, every college, fund, and national/state organizational has a vanity plate plus the armed forces course most are $25 a year though
Old 06-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

You should have pulled your gun and made him dance.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:38 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
BTW - In Massachusetts.........We are up to 16 different plates these days.
Originally Posted by shaginwgn
In ohio we have around 60-80 if not more
Got over 100 to choose from in Florida!! Some more expensive than others.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/specialtytags/
Old 06-29-2008, 12:49 AM

No front plates in Michigan, but I have heard of Ohio State Troopers pulling over Michigan drivers for no front plate. Must be Buckeye fans....
Old 06-29-2008, 12:49 AM

Thankfully Florida got rid of the front plate and emissions testing long before I started driving. Florida requires rear only.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:00 AM

One thing for sure , our HHR looks worse with the front plate on. .
Still have ours off, but bought the bracket just in case I need to show it to Barney Fife.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sneezy
NY requires a front plate but I just couldn't bring myself to let the dealer install it. I don't un one on my TA. I was on my way home from the grocery store and .7 mile from home, He did let me go but scolded me for it but seemd to buy my lame excuse that when I got it the dealer didn't have the bracket.

I have to decide if I'm going to install it or not. I drive my 5-10 cops a day on local roads an none seem to care but since it's my daily driver I don't really want to keep getting hassled.

in 2058 you can get a classic car tag then you only have to have the rear plate

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for no front plate