HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Got pulled over for no front plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
In Massachusetts, if you are given tow plates by the RMV, you are required to have both on the vehicle. We still have an older series of single plates left over from the late 70's that are still active, but that's your only excuse. My plates....I was issued Firefighter Memorial plates last year. They took years to get the registry to produce, and I am a retired firefighter, so I am more than proud to display them. The money collected these paid for a monument to recognize firefighters killed in the line of duty that was unveiled behind the statehouse in Boston last September. A long overdue, fitting tribute and a very worthwile cause.

BTW - In Massachusetts, specialty plates are an additional 40 dollars above the regular fee. This extra money goes to the cause being recognized by these special plates. We are up to 16 different plates these days. Check'em out.

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/express/plates.htm
in washington all we get for VietNam vets is a 1inch stick on
Old 06-30-2008, 07:52 AM

after very little consideration, I'm not going to put it on yet. I'll see if I get pulled over again first.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:00 AM

In MO

Here in Missouri the greatest thing I've found about plates is that retired military get FREE military plates...including the customization!!! Can you believe that. Sad thing is I'm still active duty so I have to pay $15. My wife pays out the nose for her St. Louis Cardinals plates though...good thing I'm a Cubs fan.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sneezy
NY requires a front plate but I just couldn't bring myself to let the dealer install it. I don't un one on my TA. I was on my way home from the grocery store and .7 mile from home, He did let me go but scolded me for it but seemd to buy my lame excuse that when I got it the dealer didn't have the bracket.

I have to decide if I'm going to install it or not. I drive my 5-10 cops a day on local roads an none seem to care but since it's my daily driver I don't really want to keep getting hassled.
Yep. I got pulled over for it yesterday in Durango by the Colorado State Patrol! LOL! He said "nice car" and let me go with a verbal warning.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by mongo
No front plates in Michigan, but I have heard of Ohio State Troopers pulling over Michigan drivers for no front plate. Must be Buckeye fans....

That's what you get!

Actually, my 30 day tag just expired, and I only have the back plate. The front bracket has pop-revets with it. Like I have a pop-rivet tool. So I have to take it to the dealer to have them intall the stupid bracket. Unless I can figure out a way to mount neodyum magnets behind the fascia and just stick it on there.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:03 PM

Illinois is a freaking Two Plate State, Yep, It Sucks.........
Old 07-01-2008, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by frostylaw
Yep. I got pulled over for it yesterday in Durango by the Colorado State Patrol! LOL! He said "nice car" and let me go with a verbal warning.
LOVE Durango... really reallly spent a week there after we retired.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 AM

got a couple of cans of matching victory red and painted the plate frame... clear coated ... used carbon fiber plate cover... cut and trimmed the mounting frame so that the plate frame would fit flush

i think it looks ok

have to have a front plate anyway... make it look nice
Old 07-01-2008, 07:32 AM

Durango is a hoot! And a huge car town ~ classic cars, retro-styled cars, sports cars, you name it! I've been having lots of fun in my new SS there!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 AM

Hello Officer . . .

Pardon me?? . . .

My plate is missing! . . .

Well, what the heck . . .

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for no front plate