HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

HHR SS top speed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1lowlesabre
You see more Vette's than you do HHR SS's my friend.
This thread has now officially gone into the twilight zone. I hope your Dad enjoys his HHR. I'm done responding.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:19 PM

The Last I heard the highest Speed Limit in the Country is 75..........
Anything over that is breaking the law........and anything near the 150 MPH is liable to get you thrown in Jail........
Old 05-27-2008, 08:46 AM

Yeah I see vette's everywhere. That's whats makes them great and not so great. They are the best "affordable" sports car. But they truly are a dime a dozen, c4, c5, c6 or whatever series. I mean not to knock the awsome vette, but the new nissan skyline gt-r was not chasing a vette around the nurburgring for a reason. I didn't get a used c5 because it was too impractical, and there is no way my dad (a c5 owner) can get anywhere near my overall mileage. He couldn't get 22 overall if I paid him. But NO, I won't get in a drag race with a car that originally sold for twice 6 years ago, what my hhr ss cost today.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:24 PM

I'm 60 years old..........I could buy a Corvette if I wanted to.

I like the idea of using my HHR to haul hot rod parts and supplies that I could never get into a Corvette. My grandkids like to go places with me too. If I want to "turn heads".......I just drive my old car.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by tomw
The Last I heard the highest Speed Limit in the Country is 75..........
Anything over that is breaking the law........and anything near the 150 MPH is liable to get you thrown in Jail........
Montana's speed limit is reasonable and safe.

on a clear day with a new car and and they'll pull you over if you are going around 100 and look at your tires. They let you go if the tires are the proper rating and in good condition.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by irloyal

on a clear day with a new car and and they'll pull you over if you are going around 100 and look at your tires. They let you go if the tires are the proper rating and in good condition.
LOL!!!!How many people are in Montana with an HHR SS?????????
Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by irloyal

Not any more. As of 1999, Montana law no longer uses the "reasonable and prudent" determination exclusively. They now have numeric speed limits on all roads. See clicky link for details.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:45 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by Retrorod

I like the idea of using my HHR to haul hot rod parts and supplies that I could never get into a Corvette. My grandkids like to go places with me too. If I want to "turn heads".......I just drive my old car.
If you're not getting the head-turning you're looking for, you can always crash into a light pole or something. That gets lots of attention... just ask my wife
Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by tomw
LOL!!!!How many people are in Montana with an HHR SS?????????

Hey, I was driving my SS thru Montana a few weeks back on I-90 and I saw a car hauler with 3 of them on board! I'll bet some happy dealer in Billings was gettin' em!

XXL is right, that speed limit law changed there a long time back. I remember those good ol' days there on vacations in the past! :twothumbs
Old 05-27-2008, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Retrorod

I can turn just as many heads with my HHR SS as a vette...plus its not a "me too car"..."i got a vette...yeah me too"

Quick Reply: HHR SS top speed?