Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   how many SS Panels were built? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/how-many-ss-panels-were-built-25379/)

hhrod 10-12-2009 09:32 PM

SS Panels Made

Hay LEB when was your panel built? Is yours mystic blue, if so didn't make many of those only 1.9% 4 or 5 may be. Nice one welcome to the SS Panel bunch. thank's HHROD:smile:

chudlychudson 10-12-2009 10:43 PM

http://www.gmbuypower.com/vehicleloc...sortType=price

One left...... Anyone want to road trip???

MIKEYfixit 10-13-2009 06:45 PM

THANK YOU ALL for the build number info. I had no idea there would be so few made! It really wasn't my intention to buy a rare vehicle. I just liked the look of the very few '08 panels I've seen. I've always liked the old Panel Truck / Sedan Delivery style. I discovered from this forum that an SS version would be available in '09. I ordered mine built the way I wanted it in May, got it in July. I have no regrets. Now.... should I feel guilty about putting Kayaks on top, camping gear, fire wood, and the dog in the back? NO! I wish I was in a financial position to moth ball the car, but I'm just a regular blue collar guy who drives it 60 miles a day to work and back. I did however keep my old '97 Suzuki X-90 4X4 for a winter car, so I can garage the Panel SS. Ohio uses lots of salt and brine spray. This is only the 3rd new car I've bought (I've had 40+ used cars over the years) I'm a car guy over 50. I'll probably never be able to afford a Corvette or a really sweet hot rod, so the SS Panel will have to do. I'll take good care of her, I'm happy, life is OK, and I made a good investment! Thanks again to all in this forum who take the time to add their info so I can be better informed!

Rainman 10-13-2009 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by MIKEYfixit (Post 418838)
THANK YOU ALL for the build number info. I had no idea there would be so few made! It really wasn't my intention to buy a rare vehicle. I just liked the look of the very few '08 panels I've seen. I've always liked the old Panel Truck / Sedan Delivery style. I discovered from this forum that an SS version would be available in '09. I ordered mine built the way I wanted it in May, got it in July. I have no regrets. Now.... should I feel guilty about putting Kayaks on top, camping gear, fire wood, and the dog in the back? NO! I wish I was in a financial position to moth ball the car, but I'm just a regular blue collar guy who drives it 60 miles a day to work and back. I did however keep my old '97 Suzuki X-90 4X4 for a winter car, so I can garage the Panel SS. Ohio uses lots of salt and brine spray. This is only the 3rd new car I've bought (I've had 40+ used cars over the years) I'm a car guy over 50. I'll probably never be able to afford a Corvette or a really sweet hot rod, so the SS Panel will have to do. I'll take good care of her, I'm happy, life is OK, and I made a good investment! Thanks again to all in this forum who take the time to add their info so I can be better informed!

Excellent,:thumb: How did you order it, black, red, 5sp or auto etc. alway like to know what a fellow SS Panel owner has and intends to do as far as additional mods

hyperv6 10-14-2009 05:58 AM

Please Feel great about owning a car that few others have but keep it in perspective.

Rare is a over used word today in the car market. Rare depends on demand to make it valuable or collectable. It is too early to tell if the demand will rise as the reason they are so rare few people really wanted them.

Enjoy and take care of your HHR's but do not park them waiting for them to pay for your kids collage and the Maui vacation home. I own a Fiero and have watch many people over the last 20+ years sit on 1988 Fiero's because they conmsidered them rare. Only to find they are not worth near what they epected today. Often they are sold to someone else who really enjoys them like the original owner never did.

I have owned 3 cars that were made in numbers less than 500 units and only one is worth a lot of money today. Not brcause it was rare but because it was a Big Block Chevy.

Sorry I am not trying to be negitive here but I just hope everyone just enjoyes their cars as they should as I have too many miss that chance with some cool cars that never really became in great demand.

There are times on the Fiero web site I wish they would ban the word Rare.

Canuck 10-14-2009 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6 (Post 418920)
Please Feel great about owning a car that few others have but keep it in perspective.

Rare is a over used word today in the car market. Rare depends on demand to make it valuable or collectable. It is too early to tell if the demand will rise as the reason they are so rare few people really wanted them.

As one of the 200+ Panel Owners, I couldn't agree more. 216 Panels were built because there were only 216 people who wanted one. I'm sure GM missed a person or two and if you can find them, maybe you'll be able to minimize your depreciation on it, otherwise I suspect trying to resell these (as much as I love mine) is going to be a challenge. A very unique vehicle that will appeal only to businesses or a select few individuals and I'm not optimistic that there will be a drastic change in popularity as time passes. Most (there are exceptions) classic cars were also highly desirable (if not popular) when they were new. All that said I'd love to be wrong and the SS Panel be yet another exception to the rule, in the meantime, I'm getting my money's worth out of it.
:steering:

leb 10-20-2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by hhrod (Post 418666)
Hay LEB when was your panel built? Is yours mystic blue, if so didn't make many of those only 1.9% 4 or 5 may be. Nice one welcome to the SS Panel bunch. thank's HHROD:smile:

Not sure of exact date, but I special ordered it on April 17th and got it June 17th...The color is Aqua Blue Metallic...Got it with the Performance Package, Pioneer Speakers & had the dealer install the Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade kit, whuch advertises 290 HP...Is a fun ride...

prod 10-20-2009 09:58 AM

I just found out my dealer has 3 used SS on the lot, one is an Imperial Blue Panel. Wish I had an extra $20k lying around. :roll:

HYROOF 10-21-2009 11:06 PM

2 SS Panels

Only 216 SS panels? I had no idea. Back in May my father in law wanted to get a Panel as a customer/parts vehicle for his Auto Body shop in Escondido CA. He really liked the look and performance of the SS so he purchased a silver/auto from the local dealer. I sometimes work at the shop and was in need of a new commuter so I bought one as well. Blk/blk manual, perf disp, brembo brks, sunroof, 7 spk. Shipped in from Nevada (rare ?) We put the shop logo on both for some free advertising. One of the other members posted pics of them on the intro forum - 1st Class's SS's dated 8/25/09

MIKEYfixit 10-23-2009 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rainman (Post 418877)
Excellent,:thumb: How did you order it, black, red, 5sp or auto etc. alway like to know what a fellow SS Panel owner has and intends to do as far as additional mods

Red/red, 5 gear, perf pkg, RPD, 7 speaker, black roof rails, sun roof, stage 1. Weathertech molded floor mats, window visors, license plate covers (great products). Molded GM splash guards I haven't trimmed to install yet. No perf mods yet (don't want to risk voiding warranty) but will eventually upgrade intake and exhaust.