HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

I just had to share.... again..lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Nazgul 9

I just had to share.... again..lol

I actually posted this in the "what I did in my HHR today" but I wanted to share it here on the SS page :) This is what happened to me yesterday....

Today I was lucky enough to have to take a few things over to my Wife's sons house.. which gave me a perfect time to enjoy my car and best of all at high speeds ((its mostly expressway driving)))) I get done and I am enjoying a nice drive back to the expressway when I hit a red light and up next to me pulls.... a PT Cruiser (((ugggggg))) well the "kid" driving leans over and yells to me "Hey!! hey!!!" "you know just because you put SS stickers on your PT Cruiser wannabe ride still wont make it even a fraction of my PT Turbo" Yes that was what he said to me...... I simple waited for the red light to change.....3.....2.....1.......and lite um up almost half a block...lol I could have made it thru the next red light but I chose to slow down and catch the light and has MR PT Turbo pulled up next to me looking at me with his mouth hanging open I simple turned to him and said with a smile......."they aren't stickers"..... and lite um yet again......GOD!! i love my HHR SS!!!!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 PM

The best post I have ever read on this forum^^^^^
Awesome!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Nazgul 9

Thanks!! I was very pleased to see the look on his face.. I really don't have many chances to "let go" with my SS and this time was soooooo worth it

Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 PM

Perfect!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nazgul 9
Thanks!! I was very pleased to see the look on his face.. I really don't have many chances to "let go" with my SS and this time was soooooo worth it
Yep, that's my favorite part. I know the look. Not too many HHR SS in my immediate area. Congrats on getting some respect for us.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Nazgul 9

Thanks all.... and no problem Breadfan its funny seems since I got my HHR I am regularly getting looks or smartass comments from PT owners....and most don't realize that the SS on it is real...lol

Old 06-01-2012, 03:25 AM

Good job!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:38 AM

Very cool.
Wondering if he just had Turbo emblems on his
Supposedly a stock pt cruiser Turbo is close to a stock hhr ss
0-60 mid 6 second range. And quarter mile about 15 flat
but if that was true then I think he would have been at least trying to hang with ya
Too bad ya could not have got a picture of him lol probably looked something like this
Old 06-01-2012, 05:54 AM

Will you look at that, ain't had the car a month and he's already hooked.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Very cool.
Wondering if he just had Turbo emblems on his
Supposedly a stock pt cruiser Turbo is close to a stock hhr ss
0-60 mid 6 second range.
And quarter mile about 15 flat
but if that was true then I think he would have been at least trying to hang with ya
Too bad ya could not have got a picture of him lol probably looked something like this
Depends on which turbo he had, and what model year. All of the PT engines were 2.4L, but there were two different TC engines for most the PT's run, after TC engines were made available for PTs.

The GT PT (I had an '05) was good for 220 HP...I think GM may have upped that to 230 HP at one point. It was discontinued late in the PT's lifespan.

But there was a second turbo engine (this one was more common) that was good for 180 HP (this went into higher-trim, but non-GT cars)...most PT owners call this the "turbo lite" engine, to differentiate it from the GT variant.

I think the unmodified GT version was good for just over 7 secs for 0-60. Since I've owned both an HHR SS and a GT PT, I can tell you that the SS is much faster...the GT was definitely spirited, but the SS is a beast by comparison.

Quick Reply: I just had to share.... again..lol