HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

I've been thinking of selling/trading my SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 PM

I've been thinking of selling/trading my SS

As much as it's been fun to drive, I'm really sick of FWD. I hesitated when I bought it but did so anyway. Well 20K miles later I don't know how much more I can stand it.

All of the problems I have had were solved with a repair of the wiring harness except for it hates 10% ethanol under 40 mph but I suspect few people would ever notice.

It's not that I hate the car but the fact that it's not rwd. I like to be pushed not pulled!

I don't know if it will happen this fall or I'll suck it up and wait until next spring.

I'm thinking Mustang or Camaro in V8 format..... snows will be a must!

I'd love the volt but I think I'll let someone else be a guinea pig and wait until electric cars are more mainstream. I drive 10-12 miles a day. When I move my office it will be even less, maybe 6-8!

I think the only thing I'll really miss is the cargo space. I can certainly haul a crapload of stuff when needed but my dad has a Silverado.

I guess the real test would be this one guy who keeps asking me questions about it and seems to really like it. If I can walk away from it.....
Old 06-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Pushed over pulled is a lame excuse. You knew what you were getting into. Sounds like there is a more deep seated problem in your life.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:38 PM

This is my first FWD daily driver and it does not bother me since it really goes.

Count the Volt out if you hate FWD.

The present Camaro is nice but I am waiting for the new Alpha Camaro in 2015. If I were to buy one I would want to wait till it is smaller and ligher. If they use the Duel Turbo V6 I will be sold on it.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ekotecki
Pushed over pulled is a lame excuse. You knew what you were getting into. Sounds like there is a more deep seated problem in your life.
WTF? Deep seated? Go find another thread to post in.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Platinum Member

My first DD FWD also....& I'm very pleased with it..

If you're not happy, unload & get something else.. Life will go on..
Old 06-04-2010, 12:45 AM

How about AWD vs FWD? Mitsu ralliart or sube wrx? They are pretty hot.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by prod
How about AWD vs FWD? Mitsu ralliart or sube wrx? They are pretty hot.
I had a Subaru and hated it. No mitsu dealer here either.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:41 AM

It's all a matter of preference. You tried it and don't care for it. You know what you like and will get something else. At least you can say that you know for sure what you want now. That's all that you can ask for, IMO.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:39 AM

The performance of the SS for the price I paid far outweighs the fact that it is pulled and not pushed. The handling and turning ability is better than on any other vehicle I've ever owned.

As much as I love my Avalanche, it sometimes gets squirly coming around sharp turns, especially in bad weather, unless I'm in 4WD. You never have to worry about the back end jumping out on you in the SS. Yes - sometimes off the line I get a little too much front wheel spin, especially on wet pavement. But I don't really find the SS to have that much torque steer.

I may eventually get a Camaro for something different, but it won't be because it is FWD vs. RWD.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:34 PM

I love my Avalanche as well, especially in the slippery stuff. I spent this past winter driving with the ass end in 3 feet of snow, but the mileage blows in it. I have as much power in the SS as the truck, at less than half the displacement, and twice the mileage. The SS has a few quirks, but for a DD I'll deal with them. Now if I want to scare myself silly with speed, I'll hop on the 675. I don't push my DD hard enough, often enough to take advantage of the benefits of RWD over FWD. I might feel different if I didn't have the other rides.

Quick Reply: I've been thinking of selling/trading my SS