HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

I've been thinking of selling/trading my SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 04:36 PM

C'mon Sneezy, you just want a new car. Nothing wrong with that if you've got the dough, mate. I'd go for the Mustang. The Camaro's cool, but kinda portly for a pony car.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:18 PM

We presonally love th powerfull torque steer lol. and more so later with stage kit surely. In the snow, FWD is great with TCS. Its personal preference. Good luck
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 PM

The FWD definitely takes some different "techniques" to drive rapidly and smoothly, so if that is a hassle to you rather than just something you don't mind getting accustomed to, then by all means go for the RWD. With your short commute, MPG is almost irellevant anyway so go for the Mustang or Camaro.

Not sure why you think the Volt is a good option for you though other than a fun technology to experience. In order to make sense economically, you need to have enough of a tax hit to take advantage of the tax credits.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sneezy
WTF? Deep seated? Go find another thread to post in.
Sneezy, I don't think that there is anything deep seated here; you just want a new seat... and there's nothing wrong with that.

I got tired of driving my Caddy CTS and that's why I'm driving an SS, so I can sympathize.

P.S. as an owner who has 1st hand experinece with both, the SS is vastly more fun to drive than the CTS. The CTS was RWD. Go figure?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by HHRemi
C'mon Sneezy, you just want a new car. Nothing wrong with that if you've got the dough, mate. I'd go for the Mustang. The Camaro's cool, but kinda portly for a pony car.
If I had the $$$ I'd jump now. It's all a matter of cash flow.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by c2vette
The FWD definitely takes some different "techniques" to drive rapidly and smoothly, so if that is a hassle to you rather than just something you don't mind getting accustomed to, then by all means go for the RWD. With your short commute, MPG is almost irellevant anyway so go for the Mustang or Camaro.

Not sure why you think the Volt is a good option for you though other than a fun technology to experience. In order to make sense economically, you need to have enough of a tax hit to take advantage of the tax credits.
Most of my cars have been FWD so I'm very used to it.

As for the volt, well I'd rarely buy gas!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 PM

Just my.02 Maybe look for an older Vette....mid to late most have TC and can be tuned and modded cheaply....I to miss the little side to side that the rwd has, but I will own one again, it'll be my 4th, so nothing is impossible...set your goals..and go!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 PM

Get a Smart car its RWD
Old 06-07-2010, 11:50 PM

I miss my rwd firebird for it's simplicity to drive but I have 2 kids under the age of 3 and the SS HHR is the ticket! If I didn't have kids, I'd either still have my '96 bird or a new mustang. FWD doesn't beat RWD IMO but is the lesser of two evils if you need to compromise.

JIm
Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 AM

As a fellow New York State person with horrible Winters, unless you're going to store it for the season, FWD has tons better traction. I would love a Camaro, Mustang or Pontiac G8, Solstace, etc., but the fact is, I always laugh at people getting stuck on a hill in our downtown, spinning in a parking space.
For me, AWD or FWD is the best option.

Quick Reply: I've been thinking of selling/trading my SS