HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Jack and Lug wrench: How to store?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 07:40 AM

Jack and Lug wrench: How to store?

Hello. New to forum. Got 2010 HHRSS last month. New, 5 speed, metallic red. All is well. Except I searched "How To" section of forum because I can't follow from owner's manual how to properly secure Jackstand / Lug wrench / Spare tire combo to prevent rattling. I tried multiple ways and none of them are correct.

(So, I have the lug wrench and Jack in storage bins wrapped in rags, wasting good storage space)

I'd appreciate verbal instructions or a link to a video if one is available..

BTW the explanations were great for removing the storage boxes to get under the back seat, and for instructions for removing front head rest. Thanks . Bob
Old 03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Banned

Welcome Bob! Hope you are enjoying the zippy-ness of your new car. I love the unsuspecting ricers.

I can provide you a picture of how it should look, jack stand on bottom, wrench on top of it.

Sorry I cannot be of more service, but I am not at my computer and am at work currently.

Best of luck.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:48 AM

That really helps. I had jackstand closed. thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Premium Member

welcome Bob

Old 03-26-2011, 09:44 AM

Welcome & enjoy the ride!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 AM

Welcome to the site. Let's hope you don't ever need to use it!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:41 PM

welcome to the site
Old 03-27-2011, 08:51 AM

Actually, I already had to use it. On way home from dealer, a 2 mile ride, I ran over a machine screw, right front tire, middle tread area. I thought for sure it penetrated, and would have to be patched. So I removed wheel.

Of course, it was at that point I learned the spare wheel does not fit over the Brembo brake - which as everyone knows required another jacking and switch out with a rear wheel.

The good news was when I removed the machine screw it had not penetrated, like a roofer nail, the usual culprit. So, end of story. No air loss. And I wound up learning about the tire pressure display on the dash-board, which I've kept in the "always on" mode for now.

An exciting first 24 hours, lol, all in the back yard. Everyone has a story, always good to read to keep things in perspective. Thanks for the welcomes.

Bob
Old 03-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Welcome to the group. Good to hear that your tire problem was only a "practice run".
Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mudflap
Actually, I already had to use it. On way home from dealer, a 2 mile ride, I ran over a machine screw, right front tire, middle tread area. I thought for sure it penetrated, and would have to be patched. So I removed wheel.

Of course, it was at that point I learned the spare wheel does not fit over the Brembo brake - which as everyone knows required another jacking and switch out with a rear wheel.

The good news was when I removed the machine screw it had not penetrated, like a roofer nail, the usual culprit. So, end of story. No air loss. And I wound up learning about the tire pressure display on the dash-board, which I've kept in the "always on" mode for now.

An exciting first 24 hours, lol, all in the back yard. Everyone has a story, always good to read to keep things in perspective. Thanks for the welcomes.

Bob
Remember, you have roadside assistance for 5yrs/100k at 800-CHEVUSA OnStar will take care of this too. They showed you all this and more at time of delivery, didn't they?

Quick Reply: Jack and Lug wrench: How to store?