HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:52 PM

Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust

I will be putting this on my SS Panel tomorrow..............so looking forward to it. Does anyone know what hp gain I will get? I have the 5 spd with the GMTU and K&N Cold Air Intake already done.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I will be putting this on my SS Panel tomorrow..............so looking forward to it. Does anyone know what hp gain I will get? I have the 5 spd with the GMTU and K&N Cold Air Intake already done.
Their website says 10hp/10tq. If thats the case, you probabaly won't feel it. But in theory it will help the airflow because its 3'' diameter if I'm not mistaken. the best results you will feel is if you have a custom tune for it(or any mod for that matter)

I have heard this exhaust on the LNF before, its pretty much the best IMO

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/magnaflow-exhaust-kit-21304/
Old 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM

you wont notice anything, except anoying drone. i wish i left my exhaust stock. passengers can't stand the loud drone on light accel. granted, it sounds cool when you nail it, but most of the time, it's just normal accel on crowded streets. it's loud, my wife hears the car start every morning. it's sounds cool outside, but i wish it was quieter inside.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:14 PM

I have yet to hear an aftermarket exhaust for our little SS that actually sounds, what I consider to be, good/cool.

Change just for the sake of change is not a good thing.. We have seen enough of that in the U.S. lately to know that for certain.