HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Magnaflow catback and down pipe prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
ha!!! i got one better cole...how about for what you're asking or cheaper,get me that exhaust and i'll dyno it with my ppc. got the call today from hahn and they told me i should have it by thurs.

i just hope the dealer fixes my car and it's done right . then i have to wait a few days or to be safe a week to make sure the code doesn't come back.
lol....

I can see I am gonna have a problem with that arrangement

you need to take yours to a dyno...run it stock and then add the program to see what the difference is.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by ColeTrickle
lol....

I can see I am gonna have a problem with that arrangement

you need to take yours to a dyno...run it stock and then add the program to see what the difference is.

never thought about it like that. thanks cole,i will. just giving my dealer time to fix my car is going to be the hold up.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:35 PM

How was the sound in the cabin?
Any idea if they'll post the interior sound with that muffler?

Linking it so far doesnt sound too ricey.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by itsallu
How was the sound in the cabin?
Any idea if they'll post the interior sound with that muffler?

Linking it so far doesnt sound too ricey.
Sound in the cabin is ok. Honestly I think the cat back only with the factory downpipe will be pretty mellow.

With the 2 together it's deffinatley louder inside. I wouldn't call it a drone but due to the SUV characteristics it's very hard to avoid.

We tried a 5" round (3" core) muffler yesterday and while it did drop it 3db it made the frequency worse.(I removed it immediatley)
Old 07-14-2008, 06:06 PM
XXL

That would be a 40+ whp increase from exhaust alone. I have never in all my days of playing with exhaust seen anything remotely close to that kind of gain.
Gotta keep in mind that you're not expecting 40+ hp from "exhaust alone." It's... "exhaust which frees up the turbine to spin" that I would have expected more. Remember... the engine gets "bigger" at the top end of the RPM band in a way that NA motors do not.

If everyone wants to contribute $$ for a hahn tuner I would be willing to sacrafice.... I will dyno stock, Tuned and than tuned with exhaust/DP.
I've got a much less expensive suggestion... since I've got the tune, people can pitch in and send ME the exhaust.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by XXL
Gotta keep in mind that you're not expecting 40+ hp from "exhaust alone." It's... "exhaust which frees up the turbine to spin" that I would have expected more. Remember... the engine gets "bigger" at the top end of the RPM band in a way that NA motors do not.

I've got a much less expensive suggestion... since I've got the tune, people can pitch in and send ME the exhaust.
Sorry exhaust release is gonna be delayed...
Old 07-14-2008, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by XXL

BEAT YA TO IT LOL!!! see page 3
Old 07-24-2009, 11:59 AM

Maybe I missed it, but what's the price for this?? Are there 2 different part #'s for the cat-back vs turbo-back exhaust??

Later
Allex
Old 07-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Banned

I would expect CB MSRP to be in the $480-550 range (you will be able to get it for closer to $400 I imagine through internet distributors)

I think they have considered doing the non catted DP but until there is tuning readily avaliable you will have a problem with check engine lights.
No check engine lights if you erase the code with hp tuners. Thats what i did. I have a catless downpipe. I went through ADM and paid $599 for a full 3" turboback
Old 07-27-2009, 05:04 PM

NICE!! With all this cash in hand I have... what to do what to do? Would it be advisable to get the Stage kit done 1st??? (sorry for my threadjacking)

Later
Allex

Quick Reply: Magnaflow catback and down pipe prototype..