HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

my car cover came in......

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008 | 08:13 AM

my car cover came in......

received my car cover on Friday, and did trial fit yesterday. fits great
there is a slot for the front antenna, but not the XM in the rear, may have to use a grommet on the XM. also may have to carry my small step ladder
to get the cover on at work. wait til the guys see me do that, they know how I am with previous cars, always kept them covered at work, don't have to worry about bird droppings, rain showers etc., and keeps the vehicle cleaner longer. I am a happy guy
BTW, it is a Covercraft Car cover, have had great success with these covers in the past, so I stayed with them, and it fits the HHR SS like a glove
Old 04-20-2008 | 08:34 AM

Pics
Old 04-20-2008 | 08:58 AM

And what was the cost of something like that?

What is the inside lined with?
Old 04-20-2008 | 01:00 PM

I had my cover moded since I have a stubby antenna the sock for the antenna can be cut in half ad added to the back for the OnStar.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 04-20-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Reduced pic size
Old 04-20-2008 | 04:06 PM

Ever consider the possibility that putting the cover on and off is far more likely to scratch the paint than any dirt/bird droppings that may accumulate on the car? Do you wash the car at work before you cover it, or do you drive it there and cover it dirty? If you get any dust/dirt inside the cover, you have the equivalent of sand paper.

If you park the car for long periods of time at work, then I completely understand.
Old 04-20-2008 | 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Z-Man
Pics
will get pics soon, but looks like the pic posted by ivtech

Originally Posted by a76marine
And what was the cost of something like that?
What is the inside lined with?
cost $283.00 includes shipping, for the gray, color cost more, yes it is expensive, but I feel it is worth it.
today's covers are an improvement from the early days. I do not like the "crunchy" type covers as I refer to them as, this is not cotton, but a newer material, very soft on the finish. check out the covercraft.com where it explains it better than I could.

Originally Posted by ivtech
I had my cover moded since I have a stubby antenna the sock for the antenna can be cut in half ad added to the back for the OnStar.
who did the mod? great idea, I should have thought of that

Originally Posted by RestoRoc89
Ever consider the possibility that putting the cover on and off is far more likely to scratch the paint than any dirt/bird droppings that may accumulate on the car? Do you wash the car at work before you cover it, or do you drive it there and cover it dirty? If you get any dust/dirt inside the cover, you have the equivalent of sand paper.

If you park the car for long periods of time at work, then I completely understand.

I make sure the car is clean before I go to work, whenever possible. The covers that I have used in the past, have never scratched the finish, although I don't like the "crunchy" type (evol 4) waffle pattern if you will, don't like the feel of them. I will not cover a dirty car, then the cover will get dirty also. I try to make sure the car is dust free, but if there is a little dust, I also carry my microfiber cloths and a spray bottle. I rather take the extra time to cover the vehicle, even with a little dust, rather than have bird droppings on the finish, because once the sun bakes the bird droppings in the clear coat, you are done, you may mask them and only you will know they are there, but when it etches in the clear coat, other than sanding and reclearing, forget it. remember this is Mr. Anal
PS When I had my SSR, it was covered whenever it needed to be, I have always been that way and will do the same with the SS.
Old 04-20-2008 | 08:17 PM

With these covers.

While I can understand the uses you are talking about. What do you do with the cover if you need to get in your car in the middle of a thunderstorm? Does the cover get tossed inside wet? Does it get folded into a case?

I can see the pluses but man is that a lot of hassle. You are a dedicated individual and I praise you for it.
Old 04-20-2008 | 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by dr_fosg8
With these covers.

While I can understand the uses you are talking about. What do you do with the cover if you need to get in your car in the middle of a thunderstorm? Does the cover get tossed inside wet? Does it get folded into a case?

I can see the pluses but man is that a lot of hassle. You are a dedicated individual and I praise you for it.
thank you...thank you... yes there has been times when it is raining when I have taken the cover off, the water beads on the cover, so most of it you can shake off as you take the cover off of the vehicle. It will get wet, and me with it, but not soggy wet like a cotton cover will, I just have a regular green plastic trash bag with me, put it in there wet, and when I get home, take it downstairs to the basement and open it up on chairs etc., and it dries out in a few hours.
If I get to work, and I know there will be rain all day long or most of the day, but it is dry when I get there, I won't cover, but if they are only calling for showers for part of the day, I will take a chance and put the cover on, I just hate if the sun comes out and dries the rain on the vehicle, especially in the summer, that is how the water spots get baked in, I try to avoid it. It's really is not a hassle, you get used to it, just like when you get in your car and start the engine. Oh I have had my windy days etc., where the cover doesn't want to cooperate and the HHR SS poses a new challenge for me, because of the higher and longer roof line, thus maybe the need for my short ladder we shall see.
Old 04-20-2008 | 09:38 PM

I'm not telling my wife about you. You could get me in big trouble...
Old 04-20-2008 | 10:07 PM

SSROADSTER, it's nice to see someone appreciate his car so much!

Quick Reply: my car cover came in......