HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

my car cover came in......

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008 | 10:51 PM

It was done by my auto upholstery guy. $25.00
Old 04-21-2008 | 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by RestoRoc89
SSROADSTER, it's nice to see someone appreciate his car so much!
Amen........ My 2005 SSR and TransAM-WS6 have covers and are covered whether in the garage or out.........And Momma has ordered a Covercraft cover ( in gray) for her HHR/SS.....Here in South Central Fl. a cover is a good thing .....a very good thing.......WW BTW What with all the negative comments......about covering your Car.....or Truck......the only thing I can figure is some are to lazy to put it on and take it off........After you've had your car dived bombed with bird duddy and couldn't get it washed off right away and end up with etched paint.....maybe you'll think different......Oh well some people just don't care about their car's, they just get in and drive and then sit back and complain about those that do take care of their rides.........All I can say is "Way to go SSRROADSTER" .....

Last edited by Whitewolf; 04-22-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-21-2008 | 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by AJochum
I'm not telling my wife about you. You could get me in big trouble...
don't tell my wife either she already knows

Originally Posted by RestoRoc89
SSROADSTER, it's nice to see someone appreciate his car so much!
I have always been that way, I try to keep them as clean as I can

Originally Posted by ivtech
It was done by my auto upholstery guy. $25.00
good deal, will check that out, and thanks again for the tip

Originally Posted by Whitewolf
Amen........ My 2005 SSR and TransAM-WS6 have covers and are covered whether in the garage or out.........And Momma has ordered a Covercraft cover ( in gray) for her HHR/SS.....Here in South Central Fl. a cover is a good thing .....a very good thing.......WW BTW What with all the negative comments......about covering your Car.....or Truck......the only thing I can figure is some are to lazy to put it on and take it off........After you've had you car dived bombed with bird duddy and couldn't get it washed off right away and end up with etched paint.....maybe you'll think different......Oh well some people just don't care about their car's, they just get in and drive and then sit back and complain about those that do take care of the rides.........All I can say is "Way to go SSRROADSTER" .....
Thanks Whitewolf, my SSR was no exception, just ask XSELER8, Frank always had a good comment for my "R"....like most of us, know, it's an extra effort to go through, but it's worth it, and I enjoy keeping them looking good
Old 04-21-2008 | 09:38 PM

first day with the cover......

worked out well, after a few more tries, I will have the install and uninstall down pat. Was a little windy today, but I had the cover secured, figured that out when I had the SSR, method works great.....
and after I use the tip from ivtech on the antenna slots, it will be a piece of cake, did a slight "wet" wipedown a few minutes ago, all windows cleaned, ready for the AM drive to work, and get covered......
I know, I know I am just an ANAL type of guy, but you people knew that already........
Old 04-21-2008 | 11:23 PM

I park on an incline and when it is windy it can be an adventure. Having the rear sock helps get everything lined up.
Old 04-22-2008 | 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ivtech
I park on an incline and when it is windy it can be an adventure. Having the rear sock helps get everything lined up.
I know what you mean, I try to get the mirrors on first, seems to work out..