HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

New member with a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:44 PM

New member with a question

Hello all I will be the proud owner of a Victory Red HHR SS tomorrow evening. The dealer has gone through hoops the last two days to find what I wanted. He called me this evening and said he found a Victory Red with Ebony interior, 5spd all options. I originally wanted the ebony and red interior but I guess I can live without that. The one thing it has that I haven't seen and am not to keen on is the roof rails. Anyone seen an SS with roof rails? Are they body colored or black? How hard is it to remove them? He found a bunch of auto trans cars just the way I wanted but I told him I wasn't willing to pay a 1000.00 premium for less performance. Sorry but the auto 4 speed in this truck makes no since to me at all.
Thanks for the replies and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:30 PM

Welcome Tony. click on this https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/who-getting-roof-rack-their-ss-12752/
Ya if you are going SS go stick or nothing
Old 01-24-2008, 05:43 PM

Tony! I agree with Roy! Manual or nothing in a perfomance machine! Enjoy the site!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:44 PM

Thanks for the link and as I had suspected those have got to go. I'll have to convince the dealer to remove them and fix the holes.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:57 PM

Tony, the only way to fix the holes in the roof skin would be to put generic plugs of some sort in them, or the proper way would be to weld them up & repaint the roof! Neither of which would be an acceptable solution on a BRAND NEW vehicle in my opinion! If you can't live with the rack, I'd find another one or order just the way you want it.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:04 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 35
Size:  38.2 KB
Originally Posted by jeffs396
If you can't live with the rack, I'd find another one or order just the way you want it.
Jeff said it best!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 PM

HI Tony 2 out of 3 aint bad they could come in handy in the snow if you rollover.I wouldn`t worry about them you will never see them when your driving with that big smile.

The 2 main things are :#1 Victory Red, #2 5 speed stick
Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM

I fall into the don't compromise camp. If you really do not want the rack, keep looking or special order the car you want. My HHR SS arrived in my garage tonight. I began pestering the dealers in September, ordered it mid November, it arrived at the dealership Monday, went and paid for it and drove it off the lot to "validate" ownership, then left it there until today so they could tint the front windows, treat the paint (its black and anything to minimize swirls was a must for me), and add a clear bra (did I mention its black and will show all sorts of wear?). Anyway, I have been anxious for four months, but its worth the wait to get what you want. You will be putting out a significant chunk of change, no matter how good a deal you get. Do not compromise, and don't spoil the pleasure of owning this multi purpose hot rod with any type of remorse. And to every one else, I know, I know, I have to post a new thread this weekend with pix and impressions.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 PM

well Tony as discussed on my thread from a few days ago, it comes down to whether ur going to be using the truck for camping or not.
If so at some point you'll be happy that you can pack more gear with the rack.

But if ur like me and like the looks without it, you'll prolly be sorry down the road that you got the rack if the looks bug you.
You may not be able to see them when ur drivin but you'll see them every time you get in.

I would place my order b/c finding one with a manual the way you want it might take a while to find.
And then you could get the red interior trim just the way you want it, that red trim does look hot.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:06 PM

I think I'm just going to have the rails sanded and color matched later on. Who knows once I see it in person it might not bother me that much. The red trimmed interior is hot and I would like to have it but I can live without it no problem. The 5 speed was a must have no negotiation on that.

Thanks again to all of you for the responses and advice.

Quick Reply: New member with a question