HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.
View Poll Results: Which mod next for the HHR?
Fall edition headlights
47.83%
Stainless steel down pipe
52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Next modification?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:00 PM

Next modification?

I'm debating between fall edition headlights (to go better with my black led tail lights) or a stainless steel down pipe to go with the stage 1 kit.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 PM

Downpipe for sure Can't go faster with headlights
Old 09-02-2009, 08:43 PM

How will a after market down pipe effect the gm power train warranty?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 PM

Technically if you use any aftermarket power adder it will void the warrany. Personally I don't think a Downpipe would not hurt anything just flow better. Now if you run a catless one and have issues that could be a problem, and If it thows codes for a bad converter.

Edited to add letter from GM about aftermarket performance items.

Date: December 8, 2008 GM 08-35

To: All General Motors Dealers, Saturn Retailers, &
General Motors VSSM Employees

GMNA Vice President
NA Vehicle Sales, Service, and Marketing

Subject: NEW VEHICLE MODIFICATIONS - ALTERNATE PROPULSION

The purpose of this letter is to clarify GM’s position on aftermarket powertrain and propulsion conversions and to remind all GM Dealers and Saturn Retailers (herein after “Dealers”) in the U.S. of the dealer’s responsibilities and requirements for certifying and labeling a new motor vehicle relative to its compliance with applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) for any modifications/alterations prior to first retail sale.

Given consumer interest in fuel economy, there has been more advertising of, and greater interest in, vehicle performance modifications (like re-calibration, control modules, chip sets), alternate fuels (like gaseous CNG, LPG & Hydrogen), and alternate propulsion systems (like Hybrid & Electric). Some aftermarket manufacturers claim to be “EPA Certified,” “California Air Resources Board (CARB) Certified,” emissions compliant, etc., and may additionally claim that they have been working with GM, are GM approved, or endorsed by GM.

As a reminder, GM does not endorse or authorize any End Products made by other Manufacturers, nor any non-GM work performed on new vehicles (by Dealers/Manufacturers/Upfitters including those with a valid Special Vehicle Manufacturer’s Agreement) other than warranty work or recall campaigns authorized by GM. This is true for new vehicles on which further work (incomplete manufacturing) is to be performed, or a new vehicle that is “altered” between the time it is certified as a completed vehicle by GM, and the time that it is delivered to the first retail, fleet, or commercial customer.

Any changes to the GM Powertrain, Fuel, or Emission Systems that involve modifications, conversions, or the addition of non-GM approved products will VOID the GM Powertrain Limited Warranty including, but not limited to the repair of engine, sensors (O2), wiring, control modules, emissions, exhaust system, catalytic converter, and any other components and/or control systems which fail because of the modification or conversion. GM will not be responsible for costs associated with the repair of these vehicles due to failure of the aftermarket installed components or failures of related vehicle systems induced by these non-GM approved products.

It is vitally important to General Motors and its dealers to continue to build and maintain consumer confidence in ours products and services, while meeting all applicable legal requirements. You are encouraged to seek the advice of your own legal counsel with respect to any incomplete or altered vehicle changes being performed or authorized by your dealership.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info, and the people who voted, decided to go with the head lights as we are going to some car shows this fall. My dealer was out of his friggin mind though, quoted me 228.00 for one and 280.00 for the other, but I found them for 75.00 cheaper/shipped. Next spring I'll get a down pipe, crazysteve intercooler and new hot side pipe.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Banned

I'd say downpipe and just use vht nightshades for your headlights. Its 30 bucks a can
Old 09-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by bartSS
I'd say downpipe and just use vht nightshades for your headlights. Its 30 bucks a can
Agreed