HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Passed an LT with SS badges on it

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by moonsign
Lets not get our panties all wadded up, over guys putting SS badging on their rides. They well know ,it's not a SS, and if they are smart, they won't mess with a real SS. I've seen SS badging on a frigging lawn tractor. "Moon"
That's the way I try and feel about it too. Why it was just a couple days ago an LS, rebadged as an LT, passed me - awww I just let him go. If it makes him feel better, all the more to him.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:32 PM

How did you know it was an LS as opposed to being an LT?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
It was before 6:00 AM in Solon, so I'll go with the "lives in Mentor."

Just another example of Mentor people being weird.
Very true.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
How did you know it was an LS as opposed to being an LT?
Still had that badge on it too.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
I've seen SS badging on a frigging lawn tractor. "Moon"

Was it in them lawnmower races, doing wheelies??
IDK, putting it on a mower is kind of cool. no posing.
maybe even a belt sander...
Old 05-02-2012, 04:48 PM

I personally love the HHR SS. I like the smooth bumpers, the wing, rims, etc. But I do so much driving that the premium fuel would eat me alive. Mine is just an ls model, I have removed that and color matched the mirrors. The only thing that gives it away is the hub caps. Anyway I have thee ss spolier but I just like the look it gives the car. Does that make me a poser too?? Just curious if owners of an ss would see mine as a poser?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member

Nope. You're just someone with good taste and style. If you put on the
SS emblems,then you could be called a poser.
Nothing wrong with trying to make your car look nicer,sportier,etc. Now trying to lie,fake or imply it is something that it's not, well.........poser.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM

Like I posted earlier. No big deal putting SS badges on anything, including a LT, ect.
Some people just think because they are driving a real SS, that any other badging is not cool. Shows just how narrow minded they are. Cars are meant to be rebadged or any other thing a guy cares to do to it, so it's O.K. for others to take their head out, and get a whiff of fresh air, and not get excited about it.
Like I said, I've seen lawn mowers with chevy SS barges, and what about some that used to remove the 427 c.i. emblems off and replace them with 350 c.i. emblems. Just frigging relax about it.
Besides, most people that see your HHR-SS, think you stuck SS badging on a reg. HHR anyway. They don't[and probaly don't care] one way or the other. "Moon"
Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by moonsign
Like I posted earlier. No big deal putting SS badges on anything, including a LT, ect.
Some people just think because they are driving a real SS, that any other badging is not cool. Shows just how narrow minded they are. Cars are meant to be rebadged or any other thing a guy cares to do to it, so it's O.K. for others to take their head out, and get a whiff of fresh air, and not get excited about it.
Like I said, I've seen lawn mowers with chevy SS barges, and what about some that used to remove the 427 c.i. emblems off and replace them with 350 c.i. emblems. Just frigging relax about it.
Besides, most people that see your HHR-SS, think you stuck SS badging on a reg. HHR anyway. They don't[and probaly don't care] one way or the other. "Moon"
Moon. I actually agree with what you're saying, but in context only. Sure you can do whatever you want if it's your own car. A person can put a Mack truck bulldog on the hood of their HHR if they want! Mercedes emblem. Go ahead. A Nike swoosh. Whatever else. Point being. People still know it's a HHR.
Now trying to stick SS emblems on a non SS is not done for style. It is just to try and fake people into thinking you have a real SS. Period.Why else would they do it.
The post above was asking if he/she could be considered a poser. My answer above was to that question.
OK. Climbing down off the soapbox,again.
Moon. Nothing personal meant. Just had to vent a little.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Lol. I was just curious. I do understand that most people rebadge to make everyone believe they have something they don't. But it is their car and they can do whatever they want. Granted I know about the ss but like what was just mentioned most people probably have no idea a ss hhr even exists. No offence to the ss owners. Heck ive drove them and love them. Just not practical for me to drive everyday, or else id have one. some people have said to me in parking lots and so forth... Man I like that car, what is it? Its a pt cruiser right? I say no its a HHR. And they are like huh... Never heard of them. anyway dont mean to be long winded. I love all hhr's. Best looking ride on the rode to me. SS or not.

Quick Reply: Passed an LT with SS badges on it