HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Performance Display?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 12:36 PM

Performance Display?

Ok so people have ordered the performance display but does anyone have a picture of what this thing looks like and what does the Reconfigurable mean?
If the pic in previous threads is actually what this thing is why does it replace the Aux Glovebox.

I am asking so that if this is an available option I can make an informed decision before my car is built.... however long that may take.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:35 PM

there is a post where someone posted pics of the 2009 brochure, it has pics of the performance display in it.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by longhornss
Ok so people have ordered the performance display but does anyone have a picture of what this thing looks like and what does the Reconfigurable mean?
If the pic in previous threads is actually what this thing is why does it replace the Aux Glovebox.

I am asking so that if this is an available option I can make an informed decision before my car is built.... however long that may take.
Sad to say, due the limited availability of this option - it is not being released in Canada. When you order your vehicle, a Canadian Dealership wouldn't even see the UAF option listed.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:18 PM

Performance Display pictures

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105562
Old 08-09-2008, 04:05 PM

according to the brochure it is not going to be in the a pillar like the cobalt. 4th or 5th photo down on this thread

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...rmance+display
Old 08-09-2008, 06:49 PM

It replaces the aux glove box because that is where the display gets mounted. The boost gauge on the pillar is no longer there either. I am getting it in my SS, which is scheduled to be built this week. The thing could have been positioned better, from what I have seen of the photos. This is not like the Cobalt display that is on the pillar. I actually ordered it before I knew what it would look like, even though I knew it was going on the dash, where the glove box is. I'll find out how I'll like it in a couple weeks.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:00 PM

wow, i actaully got to see this performance reconfigure display. upon start-up, it plays a short video. you can set
it up into any gauge you want. it is divided into two sides. side A can be anyone of the following gauges:

Boost
Air/Fuel Ratio
Cam Phase Angle
Spark Advance/Knock Retard
Engine Power & Torque
Speedometer
G Force

side B can be anyone of the following gauges:

Shift Light & Gear Indicator
Tire Pressures
Barometer & Outside Temp & Battery Voltage
Coolant Temp & Inlet Air temp & Fuel Pressure

sides A and B can be reversed if you want to. it also has three indicator lights for the competion mode. Now is this the coolest option or what?

i also ordered this option on my '09 ss panel before i knew what it looked like or the cost.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:54 PM

Somebody needs to get a video of this and post it!!! I ordered it on my 09' too and i heard i was going to loose my analog boost gauge which made me regret it alittle but this sounds cool
Old 08-09-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck
Sad to say, due the limited availability of this option - it is not being released in Canada. When you order your vehicle, a Canadian Dealership wouldn't even see the UAF option listed.
Ok thanks. I E-maild my salesman earlier today. Why is it that us Canadians get the short end of the stick? First I can't get my car built and not I am not able to get the options I want. I wonder if it is because the boost gauge reads in psi in the states they have not programed it to read Kpa for the canadian cars?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:18 PM

Ok thanks. I E-maild my salesman earlier today. Why is it that us Canadians get the short end of the stick? First I can't get my car built and not I am not able to get the options I want. I wonder if it is because the boost gauge reads in psi in the states they have not programed it to read Kpa for the canadian cars?
I'm told that it is in VERY short supply (built in China) and that they are having difficulties simply fillling the US orders and supplying it north of the border would currently be impossible. I'm ordering my SS Panel on Monday - hopefully from an honest and responsive dealership this time, but I agree it is really sad we are last in line and short on the option list.

Quick Reply: Performance Display?