HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Performance Package???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 07:11 AM

Performance Package???

I have a 2010 SS which did not come with the performance package (Brembos, Limited Slip) is there a way to get this through GM or some way to get this? I am unable to contact my dealership due to being out of the country. I would appreciate the help!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 AM

for the transmission your best bet would be to purchase a brand new transmission with the LSD in it.

as for the Brembos, you can purchase them thru www.crateenginedepot.com call them, ask for Tom (have your vin # in hand) and he'll be able to set you up with everything you'll need. they do sell them as a kit, i believe it's $950 + shipping for them.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:24 PM

Dear HURSTSS,

Did you purchase the vehicle new or used?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-22-2011, 02:37 PM

With the automatic transmission, the SS didn't come with Brembos. I wondered why mine didn't come with Brembos shoes either at the time I purchased. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Dear HURSTSS,

Did you purchase the vehicle new or used?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
What is the relevance to new or used?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:03 AM

I purchased the vehicle New, andit is a manual. I thought that all 5 speeds came with the LSD and never crossed my mind about the brakes. It made no sense to me to check because SS is the performance package... but I was proven wrong yet again. LOL
Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM

No auto's can not have the LSD or the Brembo's. They came as a package deal on the manuals as an optinon.

As for getting them OP, I would go with what Rally said.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by HURSTSS
I purchased the vehicle New, andit is a manual. I thought that all 5 speeds came with the LSD and never crossed my mind about the brakes. It made no sense to me to check because SS is the performance package... but I was proven wrong yet again. LOL

The Brembo's wll take a little more heat from repeated stops if you autocross or track time the SS. In other words they will fade less.

On the street they are more brag value as the stock brakes will work just as well. the stock brakes are shared with the Solstice and even the much heavier Malibu etc. They have more than enough stopping in street driving and work well. For the most if I were to upgrade to better brakes I would go to Willwood or some other larger set up all the way around. The cost and gain of a Brembo for the street is a lot for what little you gain. Now if you can get them off one in the junk yard you may get a better deal.

The LSD was an option and you would think it would have been standard but I think GM was tring to help keep the price down and let the buyer choose. It is nice to have but not a deal breaker.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:26 AM

anyone know if you can add an LSD to an auto?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dieselracer
anyone know if you can add an LSD to an auto?
There are some after market units out there. Odds are you will break the tranny. GM did not offer them for a reason.

Quick Reply: Performance Package???