HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Performance Seat opinion & my new car decision!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 PM

Performance Seat opinion & my new car decision!!!

I have been thinking about different vehicles lately, of course the HHR SS, the SKY & SOLSTICE, and even the SRT-4. Last Saturday I test drove the SS in BFM The dealer is holding that for me, I will probably pick it up tomorrow night.
Anyway, had to drive the SKY & SOLSTICE to get it out of my system. Fun cars, but not enough room inside for me. And since I decided on an auto, so my wife could also drive , the SRT-4 was not a factor.
But tonight had to go drive the HHR SS at another dealer, he has 2 in Black.
Both are auto, but one has the performance seat. IMO if you are thinking about ordering this seat, test drive before you do, I know people here who have this option, like it, but I did not. Again this is just my opinion, but driving with the performance seat is a distraction, my brain kept telling me that something was wrong, and there was, the undeneath of my thighs had constant pressure on them, detracting from really enjoying the SS, again my opinion. You either have to keep your legs close together, if you spread them apart, it is annoying. For performance driving I am sure that it would work very well. Switched over to the "regular" driving seat and what a difference, felt like my future BFM that I drove last Saturday. Really enjoyed the SS more the second time around, can't wait until tomorrow night.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
...Really enjoyed the SS more the second time around, can't wait until tomorrow night.

I've only had mine for 3 days, it gets better every time I drive it.

I had a picture of the Sky Redline in my cube at work for months, but decided having something to haul the family around in was more important than having a convertible.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
Both are auto, but one has the performance seat. IMO if you are thinking about ordering this seat, test drive before you do, I know people here who have this option, like it, but I did not. Again this is just my opinion, but driving with the performance seat is a distraction, my brain kept telling me that something was wrong, and there was, the undeneath of my thighs had constant pressure on them, detracting from really enjoying the SS, again my opinion.
THANK YOU SSROADSTER for the post. This confirms what some of the magazine test drives / reviewers have said. Thanks again,….you have saved my (really large) butt big time .
Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 PM

Its all personal taste. I am 6'1" with long legs and the performance seat is more comfortable to me. My issue with it is the seats dont match. Would have to do the passenger seat mod from the other thread on here, LOL
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 PM

with everyone's response so far, it is proof that you should try out the seat before you buy. picked up the BFM tonight, and I am so glad I have the regular seats, as they work extremely well for me. this is just as much fun to drive as my SSR was, maybe even more so, only time will tell, after all they are brothers!!!

Last edited by SSROADSTER; 04-05-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:17 PM

I sat in a perfrormance seat yesterday for the first time and I hate it........
I will buy the regular seat!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 AM

I noted the same issue in another thread - https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/competition-seats-do-pinch-your-leg-14005/

I have done what LT1GMC recommended and it is now better but not good. This may be like breaking in a new pair of shoes. I also think it is much worse when you have the competition seat and a manual as not only does it pinch your leg, it also jabs your leg when you use the clutch. I can feel it for hours after getting out of the car.

I have been away on a trip so it will be interesting to see how it feels when I get back in. I am sersously thinking about complaining to my dealer as this has got to be a major desigh flaw. Other than that, I love the car.