HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.
View Poll Results: Why did you buy your SS?
Fuel Efficiency
12.04%
Performance
73.15%
Ability to do some serious MODs
1.85%
Just like the Retro look
12.96%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Poll for SS owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:27 PM

Poll for SS owners

I thought it might be useful to have a seperate poll for SS owners as to why they bought their car.

Is it fuel efficiency, performance, the ability to add MODs, or just like the retro style.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:04 PM

The original goal for getting away from my truck was fuel efficiency, so everything else was a bonus, albeit a more expensive one.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:55 PM

All the above
SS for performance

The stealer, um dealer was crunching the numbers for a black Cobalt SS for me when I noticed the black HHR SS.
I gave it a once over and liked the HHR interior better and I'm a Chevy truck guy at heart.
When he said it's the same as the CSS with a different body I asked him to crunch the numbers on the HHR.
When it came up within a couple of grand I scheduled a test drive.
I knew within a mile it was going to mine but took it for a spirited 40 mile ride anyway just for the fun of it

It was in my driveway about a week later
Old 12-30-2009, 04:08 PM

I needed something with cargo room and better gas mileage. (I had a 05 full size Cargo)
with gas at $4 per gallon it was killing me.

How can you beat 30mpg and enough room in it to haul some serious ass.
I really didnt take too much of a beating on the cargo van, as it is a work van..people always needed work vans. (good thing coz in 09 alot of people are out of work)

Employee pricing, plus rebates sealed the deal for me.

and the dealer did a swap and drove down to Long Island to pick it up at no charge.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:18 PM

I originally set out to buy an LT with the leather heated seats. 3 of the 4 applied in that case. Once I test drove the SS, the performance factor took over, but the other 3 still remain in the background.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:28 AM

3 out of the 4 for me. Had to get rid of my truck, always loved the look, and couldn't beat the bang for the buck. IMO
I was also looking for a vehicle with decent cargo space.
Wasn't until I had it, that I got bit by the Mod Bug
Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 AM

I gotta say,it was the performance first,fuel economy second.We did go from a Chevy Trailblazer.Nice vehicle,in size roomyness etc.The mileage really sucked.She was in love with it,,,,
It was nice to have when ya live in NW Indiana,and they groom the roads with a bulldozer,instead of a street sweeper.I think they get a rebate for the pot-hole count!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:34 AM

Performance is what sold me on this vehicle. Once I drove it I was sold by not only the acceleration but the suspension tuning. GM finally made a car that drove well on real roads and not just the test track.

Fuel Efficiency was just a welcomed side effect. I never drove a 4 cylinder I liked till I drove the 2.0.

Ability to do some serious MODs .... Hey it is a daily driver and I am not looking to mess with the warranty. I have other play cars to do that with. The Turbo Upgrade was a must since it gave me power, economy increase and did not mess the warranty up.

Just like the Retro look Well I was not a big HHR fan when I saw the first ones. I did not hate them but I was not a I have got to have one kind of guy. I thought they were cool little rides but never thought I would own one.

What did catch my eye was the Red and Eboney interior. It was so cool to see a car that had something other than gray or brown mono tone interior.

The fact is that I was replacing a ZQ8 Sonoma. I needed a vehicle that could haul and fit my needs. I was not wanting a FWD but the first drive in the SS is what sold me. I hated the Colorado and wanted or needed a vehicle that could haul cargo as well give me the performance handling that I like. The SS has given me a vehickle that hauls in more than one way.

I can't say what my next car will be since I do not know what will be available. As of now it will not be an Orlando.

The Fact is the SS is the Anti minivan.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Banned

My buddy accually told me about it so i went for a test drive and before i bought it i looked to see what kind of mods were available and that was it. And the MODS keep comming as long as the money is there lol
Old 12-31-2009, 01:29 PM

I voted performance but would have voted all of the above if it was an option

Quick Reply: Poll for SS owners