HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Power window switch and cruise intermittant...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 AM

Question Power window switch and cruise intermittant...

Anyone else had issues of intermittant problems with their cruise set/resume buttons or power window switch? Mine acts up once in a while and I know if I take it to the dealer they will probably find nothing. It only does it once in a while.

With the cruise, the on/off button seems to be active, as the light comes on. But the set switch will not work. The next time I start the car it always works...

The power window is the drivers/front, and it usually only does it the first time I use it after starting. If I switch it back and forth a few times it usually will eventually work. If I shut off the car and restart it also seems to work right away...
Old 10-30-2008, 11:44 AM

I've experienced the cruise control issue 4 or 5 times. Each time it has corrected after depressing and releasing the clutch a few times. I think the clutch sensor/switch/whatever is sticking. That or the computer is not seeing the input.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:46 AM

I have had this exact (window) thing on mine. An I mean precisely the same issue as you.
LOL, since i was doing my ridiculus mileage thread, I'd always start everything before I turned the key,, so as soon as the car was cranked i could pull away. Most of the time I pulled away with 3 windows down... I have greater problems now.

I was planning to start a thread when i found something out. But lets just say I have seen all possible dic messages flash at me in sequence, I have intermittant use of ALL POWER OPTIONS. And now, no power at all. Now I noticed that only the drivers door has a key hole :) I'm getting it towed from my parking garage as soon as I get home.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:15 PM

My only problem with the cruise seems to be its vagueness when using the buttons to go up or down in speed.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:29 PM

problem with the cruise seems to be its vagueness
I agree with that. Why didn't they recess the buttons instead of putting in a delay if they wanted to prevent accidental hits that change speeds.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by rommer
I've experienced the cruise control issue 4 or 5 times. Each time it has corrected after depressing and releasing the clutch a few times. I think the clutch sensor/switch/whatever is sticking. That or the computer is not seeing the input.
Interesting.. I never thought about that switch. I will try pumping the clutch a few times next time it happens and see if it comes back. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Clevelandhhrss
I have had this exact (window) thing on mine. An I mean precisely the same issue as you.
LOL, since i was doing my ridiculus mileage thread, I'd always start everything before I turned the key,, so as soon as the car was cranked i could pull away. Most of the time I pulled away with 3 windows down... I have greater problems now.

I was planning to start a thread when i found something out. But lets just say I have seen all possible dic messages flash at me in sequence, I have intermittant use of ALL POWER OPTIONS. And now, no power at all. Now I noticed that only the drivers door has a key hole :) I'm getting it towed from my parking garage as soon as I get home.
Wow, sorry to hear that! That sucks big-time! Good luck with getting it turned around quickly...

I wonder if the window thing is tied to the express-down feature. That is the differnece between that window and the others... I think I will ask the dealer to replace ithat switch when I take it in next time. Hopefuly not for something major like yours!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
I agree with that. Why didn't they recess the buttons instead of putting in a delay if they wanted to prevent accidental hits that change speeds.
No kidding, the buttons and their locations suck! I much prefer them back on the turn signal stalk where they've been on GM's for years. I am constantly pressing back there as I am used to my other car & truck!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
What is the delay your talking about?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by oneton
What is the delay your talking about?

I guess I have personally never noticed a delay... I think the biggest issue with the buttons and their location is all 4 button on ea. side of the wheel feel & operate the same. It's like you have to think about it or look at them to press one. I don't like having to constantly look down at the wheel...

Quick Reply: Power window switch and cruise intermittant...