HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Sad day for my SS, thought it wouldn't happen to me...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:59 PM

Unhappy Sad day for my SS, thought it wouldn't happen to me...

Go do to the paper store in the valley for my usual paper pickup for my store and when I get ready to leave the key won't turn in the ignition. No power, no locked steering wheel, it's in P (park). The ignition just locked up. I even pulled the little cover off from under the ingition and press/pull the button inside. NOTHING! I read somewhere here on the board that it happened to someone else. Is this a normal thing with the HHR's and Soltice's?

I was totally pissed but what can you do. Had it towed to the dealer and they said, "yup, you need a new ignition cylinder, but the part won't be here till Wednesday."

Just waiting for the Tow Truck:

Tow truck here, I was being all anal, and was watching him like a hawk. Not a single scratch.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:18 PM

Oh man sorry to hear that man hope this crap doesnt happen to me.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 PM

One of many reasons I am waiting for 09's, Get those damn bugs worked out. So sorry for your troubles!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:39 PM

That sucks. Did you atleast get another HHR if not a SS for your loaner?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:43 PM

They will probably give him an aveo LOL.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Man, that is a shame! I can imagine your feelings as they towed it away. Something so small, yet totally disabling. That wait till Wed. is going to be tough. Like stick said, I hope they got you another SS or something near equivilent for a loaner.

On a related subject, did anyone else know this? You don't have to hold your key in the forward position to start it. Just a mere flick up into that area of the switch and let go, and it will crank until it starts! A friend of mine who used to work at Delphi on this particular body-controller project showed me that! It is kind of neat, and I start mine all the time like that now!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:50 PM

Does that have anything to do with it? Maybe holding on the key to long? Just a thought.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by CarlsSS
Man, that is a shame! I can imagine your feelings as they towed it away. Something so small, yet totally disabling. That wait till Wed. is going to be tough. Like stick said, I hope they got you another SS or something near equivilent for a loaner.

On a related subject, did anyone else know this? You don't have to hold your key in the forward position to start it. Just a mere flick up into that area of the switch and let go, and it will crank until it starts! A friend of mine who used to work at Delphi on this particular body-controller project showed me that! It is kind of neat, and I start mine all the time like that now!
Yeah my GTO was the first car that I had it on so I got used to it a while back so of course when I drive other vehicles that dont have it, its kind of weird cause I just tap it and the vehicle doesnt start.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:31 PM

Definitely a sad sight...had mine towed in one day when I had problems with ignition module and car started running like it was on 2 or 3 cylinders.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would never let a sling truck tow my HHR...only a flatbed for me. And I told them that the day they sent a truck for mine...they said, no problem.

Name:  HHRBreakdown001.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  HHRBreakdown009.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  102.5 KB

And lookie here...it's a NASCAR tow truck for SMOKE The NASCAR HHR

Name:  HHRBreakdown005.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  102.5 KB
Old 06-06-2008, 11:32 PM

Sorry to here about your SS. That picture is just so wrong.

Quick Reply: Sad day for my SS, thought it wouldn't happen to me...